Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just started my E30 M3 cabriolet project!! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got my sate CURB sticker. :-)
    Now I can smog the car anywhere.
    Here are the pictures of the sticker and how the engine bay look like to get the state sticker. Of course there is more to it but you can't get the sticker if you have cone filter or after market intake. (at least that is what I was told anyway)

Last edited by Vazbro; 03-26-2010, 12:34 PM.
    sigpic
    1989 M3 Cabriolet "Reproduction" #787th?? :-)

Comment

• Ok, I finally stopped procrastinating and cleaned up the engine compartment. I also installed a cold air intake. Finally a company (Signature motoring) came up with an E30 cold air intake. I had to do some modification to seal all the corners and I am happy with the results. I think the engine comparment is much better looking now.

No more wires! :-)

sigpic

Comment

• Looks great. Good job getting it BAR'd too. You keeping it?

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

• Thanks man. I can now take it to any smog shop and have it smogged.
          sigpic

Comment

• White BBS wheels again! :gotcha:
            Now, who wants a set of immaculate condition 17x8 17x9 staggered MK Motorsport MK1 wheels?

Last edited by Vazbro; 06-25-2010, 07:36 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• well done .. nice work.

Comment

• Absolutly Gorgeous
                Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO S3 8B38
                ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

• Is that intake compatible with the sock factory hood insulation?

Comment

• Yes, I have no problem closing the hood.
                    sigpic

Comment

• absolutely speechless. went through many many pages.... outstanding work! didnt even know you could get that motor bar'd... wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by vlad View Post
                        for those who know how and done this before it's a one day job, no hassle. A little banging on the transmission tunnel from under the car is a must with any big 6 engine swap but it's not noticable once everything is installed, not even a concern
                        Sorry Vlad ,, but i call this not correct,, in most cases

This isnt the toughest swap EVER,, but for sure , more complexed vs M30 and S/M-5x

there are few main issues, IMO..

x) Lower the subframe,, and i actually do not listen to the guys who say that ,,this is not a issue ,, it was impossible for me to close the bonnet ,, and most other folks who have been in this swap,, also

x) the cooling system ,, the best solution is ,IMO, doing it the M88/3 way (( as i didnt)) Sebastian Tauber at http://auto-tauber.de/ did a S38 swap this summer to a customer .. and it was a MUST from the customer to have the radiator in front of the engine ,, inside the engine bay,, well ,, he could not find any spareparts .,, used ,, so he bought NEW parts.. and the price was 1000 € :cry: he told me

x) brakebooster,, smaller one

the Engine is HUGE compared to M20.. M30, S/M-5x

I love this motor.. ((S38B38)) and feeling the stunning pull on low rev is a joy,
                        it is a gas-guzzler .. but with right maintance ,, this is a bullitproof engine , and can be used all day long ,, just keep in mind to get the oil-temp up at the right level before youi start pushing ,,

Unbeliveble figures can be made with F/I, to the S38 , but i wouldnt sacrifice a S- engine to be blown... M50 or M30 are extremly good for that at a lot lower cost

have a nice day
                        Last edited by Alpina; 01-20-2011, 08:46 AM.
                        Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO S3 8B38
                        ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

• Originally posted by airkhin View Post
                          absolutely speechless. went through many many pages.... outstanding work! didnt even know you could get that motor bar'd... wow!
                          Thanks man,
                          I put my heart in to this build! :thank you
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hey VAZBRO

I am doing the exact same swap. S52 engine on an e30 m3. Just ordered the signature motoring air intake. They are asking me some measurements before they make the custom heat shield. I still haven't dropped the engine in but would like for Signature to start making the heat shield. Do you have these measurements. Oh, I'm using the 3.5" hfm.

It would be great help

thanx

Comment

• PM sent
                              sigpic

Comment

• I haven't heard from you in a while, so I'm guessing your finished with your car or at least getting parts for it from me. Hope all is well and you still need to bring it by work one day.

http://www.imbmparts.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X