Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E34

YEA Jason!

I'm relieved to have been right about this, and having pushed you hard to revisit, and pull off the gearbox and inspect the flywheel/swap it out. It was so much more likely the flywheel than a bent crank given that you didn't spin a bearing to cause hammering on the crank.

Originally posted by M drei 88 View Post
    :idea: I think the set up will be a perfect for my E34 touring :yup:
    My how that sounds familiar, I'm sitting on an E34 waiting to get that transplant too, with a six speed and 3.91. Have all the parts lined up, just need to assemble the engine from bits in the garage, and install it after making a fresh harness.

I think it will be an M5/540 killer with lighter steering and handling than the M5, and more character than the 540.... Even torque will be remarkably similar.

Alex.
    91 Z1, 94 M-Technic S54, 95 M3 LTW S54 almost in, E39 540 6 MT (32K new engine)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Lipowich View Post
      My how that sounds familiar, I'm sitting on an E34 waiting to get that transplant too, with a six speed and 3.91. Have all the parts lined up, just need to assemble the engine from bits in the garage, and install it after making a fresh harness.

I think it will be an M5/540 killer with lighter steering and handling than the M5, and more character than the 540.... Even torque will be remarkably similar.

Alex.
      Very nice!! Looking forward to seeing it done
      Dan

12/87 Zinnoberrot
      3/87 Henna

Comment

• here we go again.......

Comment

• What happened Jason? All these threads of people painstakingly building their engines and then having to take them out again a couple months later is scaring the crap out of me.
          1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

• Anything less than an S65 and I'll be disappointed. If you do an S65 I'll be pisses that you it before me.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronmjr View Post
              What happened Jason? All these threads of people painstakingly building their engines and then having to take them out again a couple months later is scaring the crap out of me.
              Dont worry, this was self induced....... the motor ran perfectly when pulled.

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
              Anything less than an S65 and I'll be disappointed. If you do an S65 I'll be pisses that you it before me.
              No, not an s65. It will be a v8, but still in the selection process.

cheers, jason

Comment

• I vote for an ls9

Comment

• Friends don't let friends GMW their E30 M3.

Comment

• S62 i hope...

Comment

• Do you have any pictures of the LSX-swap?

Comment

• some old progress photos from over the winter......

Last edited by Jason90m; 05-14-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Well where are the new pics?

Comment

• Did you compare weights between the s54 and the lsx?

Comment

• Jason, is it up an running? Dying for an update here.

Comment

• Originally posted by kristov View Post
                                Did you compare weights between the s54 and the lsx?
                                I will report final scale numbers when done. the dual 3" exhaust is SUPER heavy. blah.

Originally posted by FRNTHVY View Post
                                Well where are the new pics?
                                Patience. I am too busy to even take a minute to snap a few. besides, it has 6 months of dust and grime all over it.

Originally posted by e30rida View Post
                                Jason, is it up an running? Dying for an update here.
                                Decided to rework all of the gauges, add a heater, rework all the power distribution, ect. A few more wires, coat headers, driveshaft and the final touches..... i actually see light at the end of this VERY long tunnel. Patience, little grasshopper.

Comment

Working...
                                X