"Rose"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're a brave, brave man.

But working on cars with my dad and grandfather when I was a kid are some of the best memories I have- he'll love it.

Good luck!

Comment

in the close-up shot of the antenna... paint your project car the color of the e30m3 in the background. awesome.
      the winningest racecar ever.

Comment

"Know how I know you're gay?" :gotcha:

:borg: I'm speechless. I'm going to guess that someone did that thing up with the paint and the chrome and the "Icy" on the doorhandle for a girlfriend. That's the only explanation that makes sense. It's awesome that you're going to try and save it, this one looks like it deserves it.
        1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

Pink paint and chrome--somebody had big dreams or nightmares. Anyway, glad to see that you're bringing it back to life and it will be a cool project for you and your son.

Comment

Any update?

Looks like someone traded int he past his regular e30 (none M e30) suspension for the M3 suspension..4 lug I see?
            Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Hmmh, I only see 4 lugs as well!
              1987 BMW M3 E30

S50B32 swap thread http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43515

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
                Any update?

Looks like someone traded int he past his regular e30 (none M e30) suspension for the M3 suspension..4 lug I see?
                Originally posted by Larsen-Racing View Post
                Hmmh, I only see 4 lugs as well!
                Originally posted by Jason90m View Post
                I was offered the tub, and purchased it on the spot. You see, I promised my 6yr old son that we would work on a winter project together.....so, here we go. It was on furniture dollies when i bought it, so i had to put a full 4lug setup on it just to get it home. Its now in my garage.

Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Oops. I missed that point.
                  Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Is that a chrome fuel door as well??:wee:

I spot a good old 4Runner.

Good job and good luck.
                    -Darren

Comment

Well, its time for an update. The car finally has direction.

The Goal:
                      Build a fun, lightweight instrutors car for hpde's. Good torque and close to 50/50 weight distribution.

The History:
                      Ive owned a few e30m3's, here's my personal take on things..... I love swapped cars, but they dont handle as well as an s14'd car. Basic geomety and physics. (54/46% vs 51/49%)

My first m3 was a DS street car with an s52 (and a/c.) Fun on the freeway, but nose was way too heavy for the track. My Henna (euro s50b32) was better on the track. LOTS of torque and high end hp, but still didnt have that crisp turn in. So, I decided that i needed an s14'd m3. The zinno car (2.5l s14) was NOTICABLY a much better handling / braking car. I shaved nearly 2 seconds off my time at a local track. HOWEVER, there was no torque. The Lach (fresh stock 2.3l)...... almost fun. So, I want to have my cake and eat it too.

The Plan:
                      s54, stock oil pan, pushed back to transfer weight. this means cutting the firewall. stand alone management (with vanos), all new chassis electronics w/ toggle switchs.

The Progress:
                      All glass, doors, bumpers, trim and wiring have been removed. The chassis harness has been removed. all usefull systems (abs, turn signal wires ect.) have been seperated off the main harness, labeled and bagged.

The sunroof , battery tray, spare well, one floor bood have been cut out. It became very apparent that the undercoating needed to come. At the time, I did not want to dip it (due to frame rail re-priming) so I decided to wire wheel the undercoating.

I borrowed a rotiseree, took the car to a buddies shop and began to wire wheel the undercoating and seam sealer. NOT FUN. It was suprizing how much rust was behind the undercoating.

The firewall and metal panels should get welded in next week. Then it will get sandblasted and a full treatment of rust bullet.

Enjoy the pics. Cheers, Jason

Comment

:cheer2::cheer2:

looks like another one is on its way to being rescued!!!
                        sigpic
                        Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

Wow. That's a lot of progress already.

I figure retaining the stock S54 oiling system is a better idea than swapping to an M50 oilpump and E34 pan.

Comment

I'm going to steal your motor....

project looks good, I'll have to come up and check it out soon

Comment

Cool Jason! Now that's the engine I'm lookig for in the near future for my 325is turbo. I just want that CAR in NA form.... how much goes these used arround there?

Also, I didn't check how it's the oil pan located, I mean, if you have to modify it or have to swapp the oil pan? Does it has the same problem as any e36 M50 trying to swapp in a e30?

Thank you
                              Last edited by diegom6; 02-13-2009, 04:10 AM.

Comment

you are doing good thing mah man.
                                "Hearing the metallic clatter of the valves, the wind, tire and road noise....the endless stream of morse code that comes through the seat bottom and steering wheel. It's amazing."--:OMG:S14addict:OMG:

Comment

Working...
                                X