No announcement yet.

"Rose"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...jason the 13 of friday sounds spooky :huh:. But it appears that a lot of energy seems to be released and that is good...especially since the energy will rescue (nothing else I hope jason :ghost a belowed type of car.

M3 E30, the real one...
    Sport Evolution, the ultimate one!

Comment

Looks like a fun project, i would like to check it out too!!

Comment

Looking good so far!!! Keep us updated

Comment

Made some progress in the last week.

Used a wire wheel to remove the undercoating.
          Mocked up the new engine mounts.
          Built the new fire wall / new battery tray.
          Sandblasted the entire undercarriage.

Once the car was done blasting, I took it home and began spraying. I used Rust Bullet for the entire undercarriage, engine bay, footwells and trunk floor. It was a major undertaking. (dont get that stuff on your skin, it fuses to the skin and you will have to cut the skin off with an exacto to clean your hands.) Sprayed the first coat, brushed all the seams / crevices for the second coat, sprayed the third and fourth coats. Used new seam sealer for all the major joints and gave it another coat of Rust Bullet. Rust bullet seems to have a very tough fiinish. Its also VERY thick. I had the 1.4 spray gun at 100-85lbs (fully open) just to get a half dollar sized pattern. It took forever.

Ive just completed priming the interior, engine bay and trunk. Base coat and clear later today. This is my first time ever painting. I keep telling myself "its not a cream puff resto, its a track car."

I still need to strip the bumpers, roof and rear quarters. Once that is complete, I will hire someone to actually do the exterior painting. I have run out of ambition to actually paint the entire car.

Enough chatting. On to the pictures from last week.......

Cheers, Jason

Last edited by Jason90m; 03-07-2009, 09:27 AM.

Comment

great job. You're really on it.

My M3 Blog Updated Regularly!
            E30 M3 Wiki
            My Youtube Channel
            E30 M3: 14 Days to Victory Page

Comment

Kudos for making a well thought out plan and then going all out. Especially referring to sliding back the firewall for the s54 and starting out with a basket case of a car. Should be a blast when finished.
              Petro

Comment

I saw Rose last night and Jason has really done a great job with this project! I cant wait to see it up and going!

Comment

Jason the pics are not working please keep me motivated on my build
                  91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
                  88 M3 AW Track Car s54
                  95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
                  04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Project is slowly moving along.
                    Car is off the rotiseree.
                    Gas tank is in.
                    suspension is in.
                    Motor is in.
                    Tilton pedals are in.
                    Steering column drop.

Next on list.....
                    Finish trans mount.
                    Throttle cable.
                    custom driveshaft, shorten shift linkage.
                    fuel pump / gas lines. fpr.
                    Brakes.
                    Wiring chassis.
                    Wiring motor.
                    bodywork, paint.

.....drive it like i stole it.

Originally posted by Lag. View Post
                    I saw Rose last night and Jason has really done a great job with this project! I cant wait to see it up and going!
                    Nice meeting you. glad to hear your project is coming along. Out of curiosity, did you make your own throttle cable housing? I should be tackling that next, it would be nice to see some other examples.

Originally posted by GK-E30M3 View Post
                    Jason the pics are not working please keep me motivated on my build
                    your build?..... spill the beans!

Where should i host the photo's? photobucket keeps blocking my photos. they never tell me how much bandwidth im using until it's too late.

cheers, jason

Comment

hey Jason i know you made some progress please share thanks and the car will be Sterling right i saw one at Ben Thongsai shop and i love that color
                      91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
                      88 M3 AW Track Car s54
                      95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
                      04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by GK-E30M3 View Post
                        hey Jason i know you made some progress please share thanks and the car will be Sterling right i saw one at Ben Thongsai shop and i love that color
                        that's my car at Ben's shop -- the sterling one you saw. It's been there a while, glad I left it on the stock wheels for that. Are you the guy Ben said wanted to buy my seats

Jason -- give us some updates!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
                          that's my car at Ben's shop -- the sterling one you saw. It's been there a while, glad I left it on the stock wheels for that. Are you the guy Ben said wanted to buy my seats

Jason -- give us some updates!!!
                          Great car you have there love Sterling and i am not intereted your seats but i did like them Ben was working on me Ex AW 88 that i just sold to a guy in GA
                          Ps. 1990m3 you have a Red e30 track car right with S50
                          91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
                          88 M3 AW Track Car s54
                          95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
                          04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Its a roller.

motor is in.
                            subframes are in.
                            suspension is in.
                            waiting on driveshaft / linkage.

car is off at the body shop for paint. patiently waiting like a kid at christmas.

purchased almost everything needed now......
                            next..... major assembly: floating brakes, abs, tiltons, wiring, plumbing.

I have always wanted a "sterling" car. I have searched high and low. It is the ever-illusive m3 .... you know.....the one you can never find. (i think its a lot more rare than henna.) I have only seen two for sale in 5 years....... both were horrid timing. one was a week after i quit my job to start my own business. (to make matters worse, dave have a REALLY nice one. Man, your car looks good. )

sorry, no recent photos.
                            here is a pic from a couple months ago....

Last edited by Jason90m; 05-19-2009, 03:11 PM.

Comment

That engine is what I'm looking for...kinda difficult and prciey togetone of those hsipped down here from a wrecked M3 :(

Keep up posted!
                              Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Update???

Comment

Working...
                                X