No announcement yet.

"Rose"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you have to modify the transmission tunnell?

Comment

Originally posted by new guy View Post
      Update???
      car went to the body shop. it was A LOT worse than expected. the number of small dents / wripples was unbelievable. Keith (the bodyman) spent TWICE the amount of time on prep than was anticipated. BUT, it looks like i rolled in a totally different car. I now have a sterling silver e30 m3 that looks....well.... awesome.

rear bumper is on.
      wing and deck are on. (the f.g. e3 wing i bought on here was 1.125" short in width AND there were no threaded inserts. only the f.g. resin to hold the screws......yes, this was figured this out after painting. so that was a good 3 hours waisted. )
      Massive f/r brakes installed.
      Dash is under construction.
      The main engine wiring harness has been stripped, consolidated, and prepped for the new dme.
      picking up the driveshaft and have a stack of new parts that seems as large as the car.

Now, If i could only get the title.......:gotcha:

sorry, no pics.

Originally posted by kristov View Post
      Did you have to modify the transmission tunnell?
      yes. the firewall was pushed back, AND the upper portion of the tunnel got peeled back and lifted 3".

cheers, jason
      Last edited by Jason90m; 05-23-2009, 06:41 AM.

Comment

here are some recent pics.

Comment

Wow. Great job. From an ugly duck to a gracious swan.
          I have missed it, but let me ask you how far back the engine as moved.

Lee

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
          1989 M3 racecar
          e39 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
            Wow. Great job. From an ugly duck to a gracious swan.
            I have missed it, but let me ask you how far back the engine as moved.

Lee
            4 1/2" .

not sure if it will be a "gracious swan" ........ i will be behind the wheel.

ps. love the new floating rotor design.

cheers, jason
            Last edited by Jason90m; 05-25-2009, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Q: The engine position was foroptimal blance of the car or because it didn't fit somewhat in the stock position? This is the engine I?m dreaming to have one day in either, my e30 turbo or my M3 e30 under resoration.
              Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Nice Update--- Pictures look good. Can't wait to see it in person.

Nice exhaust--- looks familiar... It might be easier to take the front V band off and work to that point from the down pipes... Should be nice and quiet then to retain whole exhaust... Jealous I am... My track rat is too loud.
                Last edited by new guy; 05-26-2009, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
                  Q: The engine position was foroptimal blance of the car or because it didn't fit somewhat in the stock position? This is the engine I?m dreaming to have one day in either, my e30 turbo or my M3 e30 under resoration.
                  the s54 can fit in the stock location. however, i wanted to keep a good weight distribution and keep the s54 oiling system.

Originally posted by new guy View Post
                  ............Should be nice and quiet then to retain whole exhaust... Jealous I am... My track rat is too loud.
                  yea, its soooo quiet. heck, i cant even hear it run.:hee:

cheers

Comment

awesome progress!
                    1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

Looks great, Jason.

Is there a reason that dark paste or sealant isn't painted over? Was it sealed after paint?
                      -Derek

Comment

Originally posted by DePaul View Post
                        Looks great, Jason.

Is there a reason that dark paste or sealant isn't painted over? Was it sealed after paint?
                        yea, it was a mistake. the dark paste is seam sealer. after painting the interior / engine bay, i realized that the tunnel needed to get modified and i also opted to add the pedal assemblly. poor planning on my part. cheers, jason

Comment

Originally posted by Jason90m View Post
                          yea, it was a mistake. the dark paste is seam sealer. after painting the interior / engine bay, i realized that the tunnel needed to get modified and i also opted to add the pedal assemblly. poor planning on my part. cheers, jason
                          Ah, understandable. Hindsight is 20/20. I'd say if that's one of the only details overseen in this build, you're doing really well. Everything about the car looks top notch. If anything is worth doing, it's worth doing correctly, as you've shown. I love the fact you didn't underbody it, I despise that stuff. Good luck on the rest of the project and please continue with the pictures.
                          -Derek

Comment

Jason any new progress on this awesome build?

Comment

Originally posted by e30rida View Post
                              Jason any new progress on this awesome build?
                              slow progress. very slow.

car is off the lift and sitting in my garage. its a little tougher to work on a project at home. sorry no exciting pics, but here's the list.

Completed:
                              made a new inst panel. all stepper motor gauges.
                              s54 wiring harness stripped down, installed.
                              diodes removed from vanos solenoids.
                              pedals in, masters in.
                              firewall wiring access holes.

To be completed shortly:
                              shifter linkage. (aaarrrgggghhh. round three. the shift lever clears the guibo, but hits the bolt. need to lift carrier mounting to clear.)
                              oil cooler / lines.
                              throttle linkage. (aaarrrggghh. round three.)
                              brake plumbing.
                              gas plumbing.
                              a lot of wiring.

cheers, jason

Comment

Work of art

Jason, can't wait to see this getting tuned at the dyno... strong work!

Ironically, it looks (eyeball) that the shift link is darn close to the 6 speed euro linkage for E36 parts.

You going to be able to service coilpacks near the firewall?

You're hiding some of the tastiest details! Engine mount closeups, header revisions....throttle linkage changes...

strong work, very exciting... motivating me to get started on the Z1 swap, the P&P for my Euro, and for knocking out the P&P for the S54 project....

No pix of the 6 year old helping Dad?
                                91 Z1, 94 M-Technic S54, 95 M3 LTW S54 almost in, E39 540 6 MT (32K new engine)

Comment

Working...
                                X