"Rose"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick update.

electrical done. all custom chassis harness. dash, gauges, engine management, lights, abs, wipers, pwindows........ everythign done (except for a small amount of engine management parts im waiting for. )

suspension done. (including new sway bar and mounting.)

brakes done, bled, need to finish mounting bias dial.

anyways, back in the saddle. enjoy the pics. jason

Comment

wow. s54. impressive. nice swaybars too.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
      1989 M3 racecar
      e39 Touring

Comment

looks good... WinterFest Trial run???

Comment

Jason i Love it the Gauges look awesome
          91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
          88 M3 AW Track Car s54
          95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
          04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Awesome progress, I have to stop out one of these days to check it out!

Sam

Comment

hood mounted.
              bumper mounted.
              brake ducts mocked up.

slowly but surely......

Comment

tha car went to hell and back, amazing save, awesome project !!

Comment

Very impressive project. Looks like that car will be a lot of fun.

I am curious. Those of you with track cars that have all the sound deadening and carpet and so forth removed, do you drive the car to the track, or street drive it at all?

I ask because they have to be brutally noisy inside. I still have all that stuff, and the droning/buzzing/resonance in my car gives me a headache after about an hour or so if I am not wearing a helmet or earplugs.

I cannot imagine the noise level in a car with stiff engine/tranny mounts, hard mounted shifter, and no deadening materials.

Comment

My car is mostly trailered to events, but there are two tracks and many autocross lots within an hour and a half drive each way. I actually picked up the car because the previous owner did not like driving it that hour and a half in the HEAT in TX. The car still has the headliner, the sound deadening, dash, center console and door panels ... I drove the car last spring from Mid Ohio an hour away or so to a friend's home so it's not really unbrearable. I would like to remove the sound deadening at some point. I can definitely say the CR box with the 4:10 has made it significantly less enjoyable on the street/highway due to the higher revs at 5th gear on the highway and the short first gear.
                    Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 12-01-2009, 01:01 AM.
                    Mark Williams
                    Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jason90m View Post
                      hood mounted.
                      bumper mounted.
                      brake ducts mocked up.

slowly but surely......
                      Looks awesome Jason, really coming along nicely. I'm quite anxious to see how it all comes together.

Comment

thanks for all the support guys. It feels like the home stretch. Will try to keep this updateed.

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                        I ask because they have to be brutally noisy inside. I still have all that stuff, and the droning/buzzing/resonance in my car gives me a headache after about an hour or so if I am not wearing a helmet or earplugs.

I cannot imagine the noise level in a car with stiff engine/tranny mounts, hard mounted shifter, and no deadening materials.

if an hour in a "stock" e30m gives you a headache..... this would cause bleeding trauma of the brain. definately not a "daily driver." after a couple of years, the novelty of a daily driven e30 wears off. after a couple days, the novelty of a "dual purpose" car wears off.

however, i drive to the events and take my car for a morning "exercise" once a week. I will be installing a stereo to overcome the highway noise when going to events.

cheers, jason
                        Last edited by Jason90m; 12-01-2009, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
                          My car is mostly trailered to events, but there are two tracks and many autocross lots within an hour and a half drive each way. I actually picked up the car because the previous owner did not like driving it that hour and a half in the HEAT in TX. The car still has the headliner, the sound deadening, dash, center console and door panels ... I drove the car last spring from Mid Ohio an hour away or so to a friend's home so it's not really unbrearable. I would like to remove the sound deadening at some point. I can definitely say the CR box with the 4:10 has made it significantly less enjoyable on the street/highway due to the higher revs at 5th gear on the highway and the short first gear.
                          I too would like to remove the sound deadening, because I would like to do anything possible to lighten the car. My last track day I took my girls on a bunch of rides, and I found it amazing how much 120 pounds or so slowed the car's lap times.

BUT, I am afraid if I remove all that stuff I won't be able to stand the car without a helmet on. I don't want to have to trailer it.

Originally posted by Jason90m View Post
                          if an hour in a "stock" e30m gives you a headache..... this would cause bleeding trauma of the brain. definately not a "daily driver." after a couple of years, the novelty of a daily driven e30 wears off. after a couple days, the novelty of a "dual purpose" car wears off.

however, i drive to the events and take my car for a morning "exercise" once a week. I will be installing a stereo to overcome the highway noise when going to events.
                          My car is used the same as yours. Occasional exercise sessions, and commuting to and from track days. In a stripped out tin can I am not sure I could stand the commute.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                            I too would like to remove the sound deadening, because I would like to do anything possible to lighten the car. My last track day I took my girls on a bunch of rides, and I found it amazing how much 120 pounds or so slowed the car's lap times.

BUT, I am afraid if I remove all that stuff I won't be able to stand the car without a helmet on. I don't want to have to trailer it.

My car is used the same as yours. Occasional exercise sessions, and commuting to and from track days. In a stripped out tin can I am not sure I could stand the commute.

its all personal preference. it looks like you have the same car as my last one.....2.5, a/n, 284/276, big valves, blah blah. i took all sound-deadening / engine insulation, back seats out of that car. put in light carpet, fixed seats and a bar. it felt a LOT better on track. but it was a LOT more uncomfortable on the highway. yes, it was considerably noisier. I just turned up the radio. is all personal preference.

Comment

Wow, nice work. I can't believe I only noticed this thread now, but I am impressed.

Erik

Comment

Awesome job. Are the swaybars a custom deal you designed or is someone selling those babies?

Comment

Working...
                                X