X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kristov
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason90m View Post
    53.3% front. wet with driver 2701 lbs. same weight as the s54, but it has 150ft/lbs MORE torque. it is ..... um..... quick.

I put around 1000 street miles on it in august, but never got it to the track.

I had a slight mishap and parked it. Work has been crazy. This winter i am planning an undertray, hood venting and a real wing. Also considering e3 fenders to fit 255's. sorry, no video or pics.

J
    Is the weight distribution better than with the S54?

Leave a comment:

• ukrbmw
    replied
    Funny - I was so close to doing an LS6 swap, but then NASA changed rules so I ended up with an S54 in the car. This makes me wish I'd gone through with it! Great car - can't wait to see some video!!

Leave a comment:

• Bruce
    replied
    Had a student today in a C63...gobs of power with a very twitchy pedal. I can imagine what your car is like.

Leave a comment:

• Jason90m
    replied
    Originally posted by kristov View Post
    Does it handle better than with the S54?
    hard to tell. I never got it out on the track. I also replaced the sway bar with an e36 one and did not have a chance to dial in. I can say it "feels" like it will handle well, but the torque..... my goodness. this will take some major driving adjustments. first, keeeping it below 6500rpm will require reprogramming my brain. second, stabbing the skinny pedal will result in grass stuffed in the tires. It is COMPLETELY the opposite of an s54.

cheers, j

Leave a comment:

• kristov
    replied
    Does it handle better than with the S54?

Leave a comment:

• Jason90m
    replied
    53.3% front. wet with driver 2701 lbs. same weight as the s54, but it has 150ft/lbs MORE torque. it is ..... um..... quick.

I put around 1000 street miles on it in august, but never got it to the track.

I had a slight mishap and parked it. Work has been crazy. This winter i am planning an undertray, hood venting and a real wing. Also considering e3 fenders to fit 255's. sorry, no video or pics.

J
    Last edited by Jason90m; 10-18-2012, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kristov
    replied
    Any updates here?

Leave a comment:

• Jason90m
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jason90m
    replied
    Originally posted by kristov View Post
    Did you compare weights between the s54 and the lsx?
    I will report final scale numbers when done. the dual 3" exhaust is SUPER heavy. blah.

Originally posted by FRNTHVY View Post
    Well where are the new pics?
    Patience. I am too busy to even take a minute to snap a few. besides, it has 6 months of dust and grime all over it.

Originally posted by e30rida View Post
    Jason, is it up an running? Dying for an update here.
    Decided to rework all of the gauges, add a heater, rework all the power distribution, ect. A few more wires, coat headers, driveshaft and the final touches..... i actually see light at the end of this VERY long tunnel. Patience, little grasshopper.

Leave a comment:

• e30rida
    replied
    Jason, is it up an running? Dying for an update here.

Leave a comment:

• kristov
    replied
    Did you compare weights between the s54 and the lsx?

Leave a comment:

• FRNTHVY
    replied
    Well where are the new pics?

Leave a comment:

• Jason90m
    replied
    some old progress photos from over the winter......

Last edited by Jason90m; 05-14-2012, 07:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kristov
    replied
    Do you have any pictures of the LSX-swap?

Leave a comment:

• JeviJavi
    replied
    S62 i hope...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X