Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing it right 1st time around

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Why do you keep hating???? You mentioned before your not liking my build, but why do you keep checking on it? Listen do me a favor and just worry about your build. I knew before I started this build that I was going to have haters but dam. All you need is one post no need to keep repeating yourself.
    Last edited by B Marques; 01-27-2010, 04:42 AM.

    Comment


    • #47
      Bmarques you have to underestand that no matter how good someone builds your car, there will always be haters. The more someone hates on your thread the more they envy your car. I am sure your car will look awesome and I say that since i have seen work that has done at AMS.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by B Marques View Post
        Why do you keep hating???? You mentioned before your not liking my build, but why do you keep checking on it? Listen do me a favor and just worry about your build. I knew before I started this build that I was going to have haters but dam. All you need is one post no need to keep repeating yourself.
        I believe the issue is not necessarily with the direction of the build. Perhaps it is more with the apparent "quality" of the build.

        Obviously we're all spectators on the outside looking in, at what may be less than flattering photos. (I can atest to knowing that taking great photos in a working shop is not an easy task!)

        However, the metal work, welding, and amount of body filler that will be required to "correct" the metal work is kind of a hint at the caliber of work being performed and may be what is causing people to "question" the build. Slathering on more synthetic filler is a band-aid solution.

        Those patch panels for the windshield cowel are stand out like a sore thumb to me. They don't have a uniform line to match up with the OEM metal. Here's a thing to consider... a brand new cowel, complete, costs maybe $85 from the dealer. You'd have proper fitting and uniform patch panels. I bet you will pay more than that for those "fabricated" segments. Again, this is just my initial instinct looking at the photos.

        I have not seen an M3 with a shaved engine bay before. It can look pretty cool in a VW or an old muscle car. I'll be interested to see what it looks like in a E30 engine bay. We sure have a lot of wires to try and hide!


        I think we all know that people are polarized on "performance" vs. "looks" when it comes to cars. It doesn't matter if you're modifying a Ford Fiesta or Ferrari Enzo.... thusly, when you set off down one of the 2 paths, you need to be prepared to take reflections from others. If you can't, or don't like it... don't post it on the internet. That's just a given... critiquing happens everywhere.

        :2c:

        -Chris
        Chris L.

        Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

        Comment


        • #49
          So what is it that you're trying to accomplish here exactly? You welded your vents and added sheet metal instead of replacing a part that costs $57 at dealer list price?








          Haters? People are warning you of some pretty serious mistakes and you're getting all riled up?

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by SONNYQ View Post
            Bmarques you have to underestand that no matter how good someone builds your car, there will always be haters. The more someone hates on your thread the more they envy your car. I am sure your car will look awesome and I say that since i have seen work that has done at AMS.
            thanks and you are so right. I couldn't have said it any better.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by SONNYQ View Post
              Bmarques you have to underestand that no matter how good someone builds your car, there will always be haters. The more someone hates on your thread the more they envy your car. I am sure your car will look awesome and I say that since i have seen work that has done at AMS.
              yeah, maybe this AMS
              Last edited by RDCD12; 01-27-2010, 05:10 AM.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by SONNYQ View Post
                The more someone hates on your thread the more they envy your car.
                I don't know where you've suddenly sprung from, but some of your logic is downright loopey. :evilnah:
                By that logic, you shouldn't have a problem sharing some examples of your work and seeing how envious all of us are? :peekaboo:

                -Chris
                Chris L.

                Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                  I don't know where you've suddenly sprung from, but some of your logic is downright loopey. :evilnah:
                  By that logic, you shouldn't have a problem sharing some examples of your work and seeing how envious all of us are? :peekaboo:

                  -Chris

                  You have a side pic of your car? I want to see what those rims look like.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by B Marques View Post
                    Why do you keep hating???? You mentioned before your not liking my build, but why do you keep checking on it? Listen do me a favor and just worry about your build. I knew before I started this build that I was going to have haters but dam. All you need is one post no need to keep repeating yourself.
                    Hate? that's a strong word.
                    I would call it my opinion. And if you would have read my reply after my first comment you could have seen that this is not a "let's hate B Marques" thread.
                    As mentioned by others, if you post your pictures be prepared to get some opinions from others. Doesn't mean because you think it's all singing and dancing everybody else does. And should you not better rename your thread from "doing it the first time right" into "somebody else doing all the work, hopefull right?".

                    If you are so convinced that "your" build is so superior, why does one comment send you through the roof? I would relax and lean back if my car is taken care off by a specialist. [peace]


                    Goodbye M3, you served me well.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Azevedo

                      Originally posted by B Marques View Post
                      thanks and you are so right. I couldn't have said it any better.
                      I hope its being done at Azevedp Motorsports by Rui. I respect his work since I am in the same business and understand auto repair and body work.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by SONNYQ View Post
                        I hope its being done at Azevedp Motorsports by Rui. I respect his work since I am in the same business and understand auto repair and body work.

                        :nope:

                        When have you ever seen Rui do work like that?
                        Last edited by RDCD12; 01-27-2010, 06:26 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by SONNYQ View Post
                          I hope its being done at Azevedp Motorsports by Rui. I respect his work since I am in the same business and understand auto repair and body work.
                          Azevedomotorsports is NOT affiliated with this build in any way...Or anything else ams does .
                          sigpic
                          www.azevedomotorsports.com
                          www.azevedoracingdesign.com

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            that one amazing looking car
                            BMW E21 CARS BMW E30 CARS MK2 GOLF GTI

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by ARDD12 View Post
                              :nope:

                              When have you ever seen Rui do work like that?
                              It's funny how rui comes up with his ARD product line and you have a ARD sn. Any affliation???? Seems so to me.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by B Marques View Post
                                It's funny how rui comes up with his ARD product line and you have a ARD sn. Any affliation???? Seems so to me.

                                Gee, did you go to college to figure that one out?

                                Or maybe you took a look at a real build of an E30 and saw that I WROTE that I am friends with Rui and I am helping him promote his product line.

                                So when someone puts up work that the guy who pumps my gas can do and it is associated with the wrong person... yeah I have something to say.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X