Clear All

• francogt1
    replied
    any updates?

Leave a comment:

• SP-M3E30
    replied
    Originally posted by christsay View Post
    Would you be interested in selling your original fuel system bracket? I was going to go grab a piece of stainless sheet and attach a swirl pot and filters to it but yours is much prettier.

-chris

Sorry, but the bracket is reserved for a friend

Leave a comment:

• christsay
    replied
    Would you be interested in selling your original fuel system bracket? I was going to go grab a piece of stainless sheet and attach a swirl pot and filters to it but yours is much prettier.

-chris

Leave a comment:

• SP-M3E30
    replied
    Hi guys,

Because I had a good opportunity for an original DTM fuel tank, I changed - again - the configuration of my fuel system. It was not on my mind, but because of the opportunity...

So, i bouthg the 110Liters fuel tank

Then, a quick modelisation on my CAD software

And in the car

Leave a comment:

• diegom6
    replied
    Outstanding work! We want to see more updates though :ha:

Leave a comment:

• SP-M3E30
    replied
    Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
    Are you still utilizing the extended range tank in the trunk as well?
    No, the extended tank and the principal tank will be removed and in place of the extended tank, there will be a part of the cage (Cutom cage DTM)

Leave a comment:

• Teaguer
    replied
    Excellent work fabricating and implementing the new fuel system.

Are you still utilizing the extended range tank in the trunk as well?

Leave a comment:

• SP-M3E30
    replied
    Small update, it's time to finish the mounting of the fuel cell system.
    As you can see on this pic, I've done a template of the plate where the swirl pot and the pump will be mounted.

Here the CAD model

At the same time, I decided to design a DME bracket inspired from those used on DTM cars
    The CAD model
    Ready for the cutting operation

And after a wate jet cutting

Here with the DME and the Vanos Unit

A tool for rivet mounting

Here the rivnut for the mounting of the bracket

Now the plate for the mounting of the swirl pot / pump
    The rivnut for the swirl pot

The rivnut to mount the plate on the chassis

Leave a comment:

• samiam3356
    replied
    Just amazing! That is all

Leave a comment:

• Alpina
    replied
    Fantastic

Leave a comment:

• shpek
    replied
    Looking good. keep up the good work

Leave a comment:

• theplumber
    replied
    Oh a nasty French :mario:

Leave a comment:

• fuad1
    replied
    Cool man that makes allot of sense. By the way I really like the amount of detail going into it. I'm sure it's gonna be something truly awesome when you are finished [peace]

Leave a comment:

• SP-M3E30
    replied
    Originally posted by fuad1 View Post
    No disrespect man but have you lost your marbles ripping apart such a beauty to throw around on the track. That said maybe I'm the only one who thinks so.

On the other hand the work going into it looks good but you should go to a psych ward just in case.....in the famous words of Garfield people like you should be dragged out into the street and :fire:

Anyway that's just my opinion and once again no offense or disrespect intended. I guess it's just that we don't have those cars here in SA so it breaks my heart to see this. :lostme:

Hey, keep cool, this is not good for your health to be so angry .
    This M3 E30 is just a "standard" one. Not a Sport Evo, or a Cecotto or an EVo I/II

You have to know that here in France, we have a very represive politic regarding the road circulation.
    A lot of speed detectors (not sure about the traduction, but you know the machine which takes photos if you're riding too fast) and policemen are deployed around the roads. You cannot ride as fast as in the past, and with this type of car, you have to drive fast if you want to have fun and sensations.

So I prefer have fun on track instead of living in jail, or die on the road. Because, for me, just "cruising" on the road with a M3 E30 is not funny at all.

Honnestly, I think that where the M3 E30 is the best, it's on the tracks and you can have more fun than on the road.

Just my 2 cents, but I'm not dragged you into the street and :fire: if you think different

Leave a comment:

• archie
    replied
    Wow! What a mean looking car. I love it!

And that website sure has it all.
    Last edited by archie; 02-21-2012, 11:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X