Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbo project is done! Holy crap, quicker than a 911 GT3 RS!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a tremec in my GTO. It cost $1800 for a complete rebuild that was guaranteed to handle 700 RWHP. These tranny's are a great cheap solution. Glad to see it works in our M3s. What disc did you go with?
    Several E30 M3's.

More than I need but not as many as I want....

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleE30///M3 View Post
      Cool! Let me know if there are any notable meets you were thinking of hitting up... Otherwise, I def plan on driving my car from Seattle to SF sometime, so you are right in line.

BTW - What motivated you to pick up the vipec? Just another project or does it do something specific that Wolf doesn't support?
      Yeah, if you come through you should look me up! I do plan to get more involved with BMW Club, so that should be fun.

I decided to get a Vipec mostly due to options relating to high power, specifically launch/traction control, speed based boost, and failure-related warning modes. I can't wait to start installing it, but I've been there and know it's a BIG job!
      Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

• Originally posted by inastrangeland View Post
        I have a tremec in my GTO. It cost $1800 for a complete rebuild that was guaranteed to handle 700 RWHP. These tranny's are a great cheap solution. Glad to see it works in our M3s. What disc did you go with?
        I run a Sachs HD -618 pressure plate and a Kennedy Engineered 6-puck cerametallic. I have a solid hub in now, but I'm pulling it out install the sprung hub again. I run an 8 pound JB flywheel, and with the sprung 6-puck the engagement was totally livable and the noise just slightly higher than stock. I have an MGW shifter on it and that thing is artwork and so so precise. Love it!
        Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

• Good talking with you Anders! You gotta post your drivetrain setup it sounds delicious!

Hopefully I can get my car sorted by the end of summer and I can make a road trip...
          Rich!

Comment

• Jesus anders, I haven't been keeping up with this thread and I'm amazed at the other components you've added since. Hopefully once I graduate I'll have more time to work on my car. I'm glad guys like you, rich, and ted are leading the way so I can annoy you with questions in the future.

"Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
            original E30 M3ís main purpose in life was to
            win races on the track, not the street. It
            got the job done."

Comment

• BUMP for research purposes and for those who haven't witnessed
              Rich!

Comment

• I know this is an old thread but I was left empty after reading through the whole thing. Please update next time your on. Very inspiring thread!

Comment

Working...
                X