Announcement

Collapse

SIGFEST 2017, Please join us this June 16th-17th

If you're in the North East of the US this June, please join us for SigFest in NJ. Registration is open. http://www.sigfest.com/events.php
See more
See less

My M3 build pics (pre turbo)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My M3 build pics (pre turbo)

Block fresh from the 95mm bore & hone @ Top End Performance

Cleaned & .002 surfaced head

Exhaust side of the head deburred casting

Intake side 29.5mm ported

Cu Ceramic Coating on the exhaust side

Cu Ceramic Chambers

Cu Ceramic and Hard Anodize Oil Shed coating on JE Slugs

MegaSquirt v3.52 build

Ceramic coated & ported GT35R exh. .63a/r

There's more pics to come on the long arduous journey to the 420whp/400wtq S14 goal... trying to upload my iPhone pics of the motor assembly and hardware.:click:
    Rich!

Very Nice Congrats :click:

Comment

Thanks Alvin!
      Well it was easier downloading than I thought, some of "the long & short of it..."

Last edited by ///schwartzman; 11-03-2008, 04:59 PM.
      Rich!

Comment

Looks great. I still think you'll end up swapping down to a GT30R when you have run it for a while.

Comment

Thanks, you think so? You may be right... but I kicked that one around for awhile, and figured since I have this small exh. housing and slightly more aggressive cams (272/264) the spool issues should make the 35R act like a 30R with a .82 -1.06 housing...

BTW, someone asked what sealant I'm using, it is Toyota/Lexus 102 FIPG silicone p/n: 00295-00103 and hylomar I've never had my previous LS400's leak
          Last edited by ///schwartzman; 11-03-2008, 05:32 PM.
          Rich!

Comment

Love the engine builds,
            We've been waiting a while this,
            More Pics
            -Tony-
            1991 M3 10Km
            1989 M3
            BEGINS HERE

Comment

I forgot to take pics of the 84mm crank oiling hole mods and Pauter rods before I sealed the upper oil pan on, but I just ordered a new set of pistons for the 87mm crank, so maybe I'll suck it up and tear it down (just for Tony) if I don't find a block locally by the time the custom pistons are done in 4-6 weeks
              Last edited by ///schwartzman; 11-03-2008, 06:55 PM.
              Rich!

Comment

Very nice, hoping to build one some day...still working on my N.A. power though!!!

Comment

Wow, impressive project you've started!

Comment

Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
                    Thanks, you think so? You may be right... but I kicked that one around for awhile, and figured since I have this small exh. housing and slightly more aggressive cams (272/264) the spool issues should make the 35R act like a 30R with a .82 -1.06 housing...

Ok, a .63 A/R open T3 is not a small exhaust housing, and is capable of over 600whp. On a 2.0L EVO VIII, this particular setup makes for a sluggish low speed and midrange response, but with a lot of top end. With 2.5L the response will be a little better, but the fact remains that it is far more than enough for your power target.
                    2003 Mitsu EVO VIII - 2.0L / 600+whp
                    1988 BMW M3 turbo - Work in progress. . .
                    1986 SVO Mustang - Work in progress. . .

Comment

Very sexy Rich. I cant wait to see it completed. Have you fabricated any of the turbo plumbing yet?

Comment

I've built a few motors in my time but this one is different to say the least... More like a motorcycle with "special NLA parts" car parts. It is definitely not for the faint of heart... or wallet.
                        Definite tip, buy all the o-rings, gaskets, slider rails & "one off" bolts first it saves a ton of time...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks Keith! No turbo plumbing yet, but Im taking the road less travelled my setup is going to be a "remote turbo" ala www.ststurbo.com so it will reside between the end of the header and the muffler. I ceramic coated the the inside and out of the header and will wrap it as well to retain the heat over the distance the gasses has to travel. (oops, forgot to post those pics...) And I will do the same with the rest of the s.s. piping to the turbo... but Burns Stainless is handling that chore since my welding skills at the present are emergency ONLY
                        Last edited by ///schwartzman; 11-04-2008, 03:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        Rich!

Comment

[/size][/color]

[/CENTER]
                          Thanks Keith! No turbo plumbing yet, but Im taking the road less travelled my setup is going to be a "remote turbo" ala www.ststurbo.com so it will reside between the end of the header and the muffler. I ceramic coated the the inside and out of the header and will wrap it as well to retain the heat over the distance the gasses has to travel. (oops, forgot to post those pics...) And I will do the same with the rest of the s.s. piping to the turbo... but Burns Stainless is handling that chore since my welding skills at the present are emergency ONLY [/QUOTE]

Too bad you are not in my area I'd love to tig weld it for you.

Comment

I recognize some of those parts! Luv it.

Originally posted by drinaldis
                            I dated a girl who used to do the reverse grind. I kinda liked it.

Comment

CA Parts man!

Originally posted by Jeremiah View Post
                              I recognize some of those parts! Luv it.
                              Man Jr we gotta make you a sponsor sticker! I can't thank you enough... and you know I'm not done ordering parts, good thing you are pretty local!:cheer2:

Anyone needs parts or info. Jeremiah is an invaluable asset for the S14 and most BMW's for that matter

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by keith View Post
                              Thanks Keith! No turbo plumbing yet, but Im taking the road less travelled my setup is going to be a "remote turbo" ala www.ststurbo.com so it will reside between the end of the header and the muffler. I ceramic coated the the inside and out of the header and will wrap it as well to retain the heat over the distance the gasses has to travel. (oops, forgot to post those pics...) And I will do the same with the rest of the s.s. piping to the turbo... but Burns Stainless is handling that chore since my welding skills at the present are emergency ONLY
                              Too bad you are not in my area I'd love to tig weld it for you.[/QUOTE]

Man, I feel a roadtrip coming on... All I need is an excuse... and the wifey to give me a long leash, and I'm there!
                              Last edited by ///schwartzman; 11-04-2008, 04:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              Rich!

Comment

Working...
                              X