My M3 build pics (pre turbo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still no luck with getting it going?? :/

dont buy a vw, unless its a corrado. haha.

Comment

• They say maybe next week...

Ahhh that's exactly what I'm looking into...I love Corrado's I've built 3, including a ABT 3.3L Purple Morrado Monster oh how I miss it... (ABT head, crank, cams, sleeved block and all the goodies)

You can check my endless threads... Parted her out in '06 :(
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/search.ph...d=11704218&pp=
      Last edited by ///schwartzman; 07-21-2011, 07:37 AM.
      Rich!

Comment

• we need updates Rich ! ! !

Comment

• Yeah me too... In lieu of installing a more robust engine management system like ViPEC / Link, Chris opted to go back to the original setup with the dizzy, DME, and a 4" MAF to make sure there was nothing mechanically wrong with the setup. So now we are just waiting to the dyno-tuned chip.

I think it was just the MegaSquirt mystery assembly by you know who... Two tuners attempted to get it running to no avail. It will be a hand me down to the MBZ EFI setup in the winter.

Trust, I'm missing my car / tinkering... New EMS and harness for 2012 :(

Hopefully before September
          Last edited by ///schwartzman; 08-20-2011, 02:21 PM.
          Rich!

Comment

• Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
            Yeah me too... In lieu of installing a more robust engine management system like ViPEC / Link, Chris opted to go back to the original setup with the dizzy, DME, and a 4" MAF to make sure there was nothing mechanically wrong with the setup. So now we are just waiting to the dyno-tuned chip.

I think it was just the MegaSquirt mystery assembly by you know who... Two tuners attempted to get it running to no avail. It will be a hand me down to the MBZ EFI setup in the winter.

Trust, I'm missing my car / tinkering... New EMS and harness for 2012 :(

Hopefully before September
            Yes I know exactly who !!!!! if it wasn't for " you know who" I would still have the S14 in the car =/

i think with the 4 inch MAF and a dyno tune you should be lookin prety

Comment

• I don't know "who"! Who is "you know who", and who's on third??
              Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Anders View Post
                I don't know "who"! Who is "you know who", and who's on third??

Well , lets just say if you don't know everything..... or even enough to get a car 90% streetable on Megasquirt , don't claim you do.

especially on such a sensitive motor like the S14.

But its a local guy who isn't worth mentioning.

Comment

• Rich, linky no worky up there.

Comment

• Ha ha ha haaaaa! You know what Anders, sounds like Ara subliminally misses his S14 over the S52

Awww, I'll check that out Will, they probably archived it now...
                    Rich!

Comment

• you know it haha

Rich, I think it's time you tell everyone whats up

Comment

• I wish I knew... It's been about a month since I've seen her, need more $$ to "git'er dun... I'm hoping it's getting worked on.
                        Rich!

Comment

• Forgive me for the absence of updates but there isn't much to report, except changed direction back to standalone and having Derek of DMS do the MS3/MSX & harness install so everything is sano this time around.

Parts waiting to install over the last I dunno... Hopefully this is THE month.

More practical wheels Bye ACS motif

Rich!

Comment

• Ahhh, I received news from Derek @DMS and he has completed the über sano MS3 assembly... And the harness install is underway! I think I can smell gasoline

Pretty discreet
                            Rich!

Comment

• Hi, I like how they have built a new computer in to the original box so that the plug still fits and no mounting problems seems like ideal situation.
                              Dave.

E30 M3 1987
                              Mini Clubman GT
                              BMW E36 323 Msport
                              Toyota Corona
                              KTM 200EXC
                              Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave @nz View Post
                                Hi, I like how they have built a new computer in to the original box so that the plug still fits and no mounting problems seems like ideal situation.
                                Dave.
                                Me too Dave, I also like the standard Motronic DME case, it allows access via screws vs prying tabs that break and it has a rubber seal unlike the original water catching Bosch M3 unit, I don't understand the logic at the Motorsport dept. for that was...
                                Last edited by ///schwartzman; 07-12-2012, 01:38 AM.
                                Rich!

Comment

Working...
                                X