My M3 build pics (pre turbo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
    Anyone using Injector Dynamics find tuning each cell there's a big gap in A/F like from 13.6-15?
    I'm actually most curious what you mean by this, exactly, with a detailed description, because it's not real clear from your description.

Is this at idle? Are you observing A/F go from 13.6 to 15 with just a very minor / small change of the fuel table without varying your load or RPM - i.e. are you talking about constant throttle at steady idle? And then you're seeing large variances in AFR with a .1 increment of the fuel table? Or are you talking about changes between different cells in the fuel table as you vary your load and RPM?

Also, are you running MAP or A/N right now?
    sigpic
    Track Car Build | COM Sports Car Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Brendan View Post
      I'm actually most curious what you mean by this, exactly, with a detailed description, because it's not real clear from your description.

Is this at idle? Are you observing A/F go from 13.6 to 15 with just a very minor / small change of the fuel table without varying your load or RPM - i.e. are you talking about constant throttle at steady idle? And then you're seeing large variances in AFR with a .1 increment of the fuel table? Or are you talking about changes between different cells in the fuel table as you vary your load and RPM?

Also, are you running MAP or A/N right now?
      +1

I had many of these same questions when reading about the 13.5 to 15 AFR issue. More info needed here.

Comment

• Just wanna say that I am super impressed with the amount of knowledge you guys have.
        John 3:17

Comment

• Sorry guys, Derek has gone dark... again. He hasn't responded in @week. Will get the details ASAP. All I can say is I was impressed with the responsiveness of the throttle and it sounds like a demon banshee sucking the atmosphere away from anything in its path w/o the muffler.

Brendan he said he was going to email you last we spoke.
          Last edited by ///schwartzman; 03-27-2013, 04:25 PM.
          Rich!

Comment

• Well I took my first ride in my car in over 2 1/2 years... The car is definitely "pissed off" as am I... But the drive @7psi was satisfying nonetheless. Derek and I were just trying to get the street tune kinks out, cold start, off the line, cruising etc. no WOT yet save that for the rollers.

While I was there since I only had one stock seat for the passenger side and I acquired some seats recently I figured I'd test fit them to see how the contrast would look... What do y'all think of Lotus??

...interesting conversation piece.
            Rich!

Comment

• Awesome to see forward movement with your car, Rich! Yay!
              John 3:17

Comment

• Nice Rich. FYI, beta version of TunerStudio has a Cold Start Autotune, I may try it out this weekend myself. Threads here and here. Download here.
                sigpic
                Track Car Build | COM Sports Car Club

Comment

• I like tan.black.and cardinal seats.wow drove her cool
                  I have dyslexia so most the time my writing and spelling looks okay to me

Comment

• Very exciting Rich! You better keep the pictures coming and post up videos soon!

Comment

• Thanks gents! Shant put the fire in me so it's over in Orange, to get some estimates, for the littany of neglect, you can really see the little stuff now that i washed it... and oh yeah my perfect dash is cracked! :shit:

Come through Christian and Mark! You guys are close.

Thanks Brendan gonna do that today! I'm researching E85 stations locally too, to see if its feasible to tune for it as well.

I really need a better camera than my iPhone to take some video, but I will. I regret selling my GoPro2 now but I'll pick up another one next month for video.

Charbel, what I can say from the first drive is twin-scroll for this little 4-banger is the way to go. Shout out to Anders and Ted. Do everything to get spool up fast, I know mine needs a lot more tuning but coat & wrap the manifold keep the heat inside moving as fast as possible, get the billet impeller option if possible... Do everything. That said even without full tune, while in boost traction starts to fade quickly even with brand new tires. Good call with 740i motor mounts, poly is has too much vibration, I understand AKG makes braces to go around stock type mounts to help maintain stiffness, I'll be switching back. A new Maxima decided to flex his hp as I waved goodbye, plenty more to come!
                      Last edited by ///schwartzman; 05-06-2013, 02:53 AM.
                      Rich!

Comment

• Nice to hear that you have your car up and running Rich. Almost time for the Palomar Mountain run I hope.

Cheers,

Jim
                        Livin the Dream

Comment

• Welcome back Rich!

Comment

• Originally posted by ///Morris View Post
                            Welcome back Rich!
                            Haaa! Feels good, thanks Morris! Did you receive the V1 ok??

Whoo Hoo Jim! That's what I built this for... I can't wait!
                            Rich!

Comment

• That's great you got your car back on the road. It looks like you will be ready for some twisty roads and a big smile.

Comment

• Good to have you back Rich and nice to see the car rolling under power again Go the E85...you won't regret it. Mine engine is coming along...a few more hundred km's and I'll get her tuned properly. The midrange torque for an NA is quite impressive.

Aaron

"But most of all...
                                ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

Working...
                                X