Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My M3 build pics (pre turbo)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
    You're the man, thanks Jim! I'm praying the end of July is the end of the drama with this car.

    I'm anxious to see how my Cossie will feel compared to the M3 once I lighten it up a bit, get new suspension bushings, and switch to the injector setup. I know as a daily driver it's got the edge. My dad has his eye on it already...
    I can't wait for the end of July, and it's not even my car. I can only imagine how you must feel knowing that you will have your car back soon!!!

    Palomar awaits.
    John 3:17

    Comment


    • Ahhh crap Rich.

      I just read the updates on the thread(been avoiding it due to mass jealousy.)

      My heart goes out to you on this build. It almost seems like the car is telling you it doesnt want you and wants to be traded to someone else, in exchange for thier much simpler, dirtier car. Hey, wait, ..................I have a car like that I would trade you for

      Seriously though, when it does get completed, it will be like automotive nirvana.

      Todd

      Comment


      • Thanks Mark, I cant wait either.. got a call from Shane today @East Auto Body, in Orange he has assessed the job and is starting tomorrow, so the engine bay and wheel well may be done by next week! I'm impressed by the professionalism and coordination of Terry & Brett @ Bullet... They've seamlessly worked with EMBEE & East Auto Body and with at least four of the guys owning and racing their own e30 M3's, they know these cars inside out.

        I think it's almost time for another lunch buddy!

        Todd, you just don't know how close I was to selling this thing, thinking it was possessed... BTW I'M accepting anything close to $45k But I've come to realize I've allowed things to drag out believing that human nature is to want to do good, when its really to take the path of least resistance for reward... I'll let my attorney and insurance handle the anomalies from now on...that's what they're paid for. #lessonlearned
        Rich!

        Comment


        • Rich, the Bullet guys definitly know their way around an E30 M3 I am 100% sure they will deliver as promised.

          Keep us posted!

          Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
          Thanks Mark, I cant wait either.. got a call from Shane today @East Auto Body, in Orange he has assessed the job and is starting tomorrow, so the engine bay and wheel well may be done by next week! I'm impressed by the professionalism and coordination of Terry & Brett @ Bullet... They've seamlessly worked with EMBEE & East Auto Body and with at least four of the guys owning and racing their own e30 M3's, they know these cars inside out.

          I think it's almost time for another lunch buddy!

          Todd, you just don't know how close I was to selling this thing, thinking it was possessed... BTW I'M accepting anything close to $45k But I've come to realize I've allowed things to drag out believing that human nature is to want to do good, when its really to take the path of least resistance for reward... I'll let my attorney and insurance handle the anomalies from now on...that's what they're paid for. #lessonlearned
          John 3:17

          Comment


          • Originally posted by markseven View Post
            Rich, the Bullet guys definitly know their way around an E30 M3 I am 100% sure they will deliver as promised.

            Keep us posted!
            I'm glad I took yours and Shant's advice... As much as I don't want to endorse another shop as long as I live. The Bullet Performance guys are professional, no pushing your car to the side for months, giving updates every step of the process... knowledgeable, and helpful with taking pics, finding parts, coordinating sub-work.

            Shane @ East Auto Body is amazing, he got the car and almost immediately started working on it... In less than 3 days voila...
            Attached Files
            Rich!

            Comment


            • I met them a few months ago and was very impressed with their knowledge and attitude. Seem to do things right. I would recommend them to anyone in the area.
              Several E30 M3's.

              More than I need but not as many as I want....

              Comment


              • I'm diggin this big time!
                88 M3 DS 89 M3 Zinno

                Comment


                • Things are progressing quicker than anticipated, always a good thing. Next week is looking like reassembly and the week after I anticipate the electrical, diagnostic and tuning!

                  On another note I finished the Getrag dogleg swap in my MBZ Cossie, and it is night and day from the auto tranny! I can actually feel now how it could compete with the M3... Starting the same upgrades I did for the M3, electrical fan, all fluids, bushings, and shed 300lbs. EFI next year.
                  Rich!

                  Comment


                  • Geez Rich. Just finished reading this. I don't have the words!!! Sounds like you can see the light at the end of the tunnel this time...and it's not a train. Awesome car!!

                    Don

                    Comment


                    • Good to hear of thr progress Rich. Andy at Bullet was a great help sourcing some parts for my rebuild. They have a bunch of 2.3l used parts likes cranks and rods there that you can get for cheap.
                      Chairman of the Bored--Live Sockets Entertainment

                      Comment


                      • Glad to hear the train is on track again.

                        My M3 Blog Updated Regularly!
                        E30 M3 Wiki
                        My Youtube Channel
                        E30 M3: 14 Days to Victory Page

                        Comment


                        • Thanks guys! I think all the positive vibes y'all are sending are pushing the project through much quicker than it has in years!

                          Update: I dropped by the shop today since they are test fitting and mocking up the turbo for oil drainage had to go from -10AN to -8AN to squeeze by the turbo and the coolant rail. But I'm just glad Steve, Terry & Brett are forward thinking rather than reacting to problems after there's a mistake.
                          Quick pic...
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1884001396.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	844446

                          The valve cover & plenum are going out to sand / machine the lettering this week, and the hard anodized fuel rail and misc. billet stuff should be done @Embee by Wednesday, MA Shaw hood should be picked up and sent out for UV clearcoat by Friday when it comes back it should receive the gold finger treatment like...


                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2710609016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	844447

                          Then it's on to the new COP's / Harness and final tuning...
                          Rich!

                          Comment


                          • Awesome news, broham.

                            Paging IronManE30 to schedule the Palomar drive
                            John 3:17

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by markseven View Post
                              Awesome news, broham.

                              Paging IronManE30 to schedule the Palomar drive
                              Thanks Mark... Yeah I think a mid to late August run might be just right. I'm itching to run E85.

                              So many things that they're re-doing, it makes me realize how much time and $$ I put into this... And how eternal these "black hole" projects can be. I can easily dump another $3k into it while its apart like it is. My clutch is sitting on the table errr!
                              Rich!

                              Comment


                              • Looking minty! Glad the car is in good hands. Keep those pics coming!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X