My M3 build pics (pre turbo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted B View Post
    This turbo provides two major attributes as compared to a conventional GT35R. It has a faster spooling billet compressor wheel, and it has a twinscroll turbine housing. In real world applications, it outspools a conventional 3076R and delivers better transient response - and of course, delivers more power.

Just make sure the manifold flange and turbine housing are matching brands, as Garrett and ATP are slightly different.
    Good morning sir! Yes, I've been following your prescription the flange is Tial provided by forced performance and it matches it perfectly. I think I want to ceramic coat the exhaust housing maybe both.

I just need guideance on this turbo manifold, it shouldn't cost more than this turbo! I priced out T304 pipe @$480 with 6-90's & 6-45's and 4-3'ft sections. If I have to do it myself this may take awhile. :(
    Rich!

Comment

nice update rich ! I suggest you get 325s in the rear if you know what I mean

Comment

Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
        Pierre let me know when y'all are gonna meet for another drive, I'll call Ara!

After driving a car for awhile, you kinda get a learning curve for certain things, I like the STACK cluster for just that reason... the tach to me is more important than say the speedo. With the oil temp. I'm not too concerned. One can tell the oil viscosity changes by the drop in oil pressure at idle and increases in coolant temps which happen faster than oil... It works for now, I will work toward optimizing that gauge function after the CHT, knock sensors and Methanol/H2O injection are added.

I'm onto buying LED warning lights and turnsignals etc. The simple but functional things
        Let me take care of my exhaust and fix a leak and we're in business. Hopefully some summertime driving is upon us.

My M3 Blog Updated Regularly!
        E30 M3 Wiki
        My Youtube Channel
        E30 M3: 14 Days to Victory Page

Comment

Originally posted by m3guru View Post
          Let me take care of my exhaust and fix a leak and we're in business. Hopefully some summertime driving is upon us.
          Yeah, I've been putting off fixing my oil leak for months but I haven't been driving it much lately. I want to pull the motor and change the clutch and do it then... so much to do so little time.
          Rich!

Comment

here is a better pic
            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah much nicer. I suspected it was the picture as opposed to the actual piece. You certianly make a nice product Keith.

What's it like to drill into? Does the clear coat crack at all?
              Last edited by OZM3; 05-30-2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OZM3 View Post
                Yeah much nicer. I suspected it was the picture as opposed to the actual piece. You certianly make a nice product Keith.

Sorry about that Dave, I was trying to use the best flash conditions I could for carbon, but it is a really nice piece... I'm kinda excited to start drilling to install warning LED's and turnsignals now.

The epoxy didn't crack at all with the painters tape (blue) overlay and the diamond rotary on the Dremmel.
                Last edited by ///schwartzman; 05-31-2009, 09:50 AM.
                Rich!

Comment

Originally posted by OZM3 View Post

Thanks for the complement. There is actually no clearcoat on the dash panels or our dashboards. The finish you see is exactly as it comes out of the mold. The material is pretty easy to cut or drill. Using a cutter such as a diamond rotary cutter like Rich spoke of works well because it doesnt take an agressive cut. Dremel also make some carbide grit coated cutters that work awesome. They are a little less prone to clogging up. Another key is to let the cutter do the work,dont force it.

Comment

Anyone have any experience installing STACK clusters? I have everything pretty much working I just can't get the fuel to finish calibrating and get a tank reading...

Also, I'm on the fence about which front camber plate to use: Ground Control or Vorshlag? Any input is appreciated!
                    Rich!

Comment

Ground control completely redsigned their camber plates. My new GC setup should be here this week.
                      Several E30 M3's.

More than I need but not as many as I want....

Comment

Man! been dealing with issues and scares, nothing to report for the summer...
                        Last edited by ///schwartzman; 08-30-2009, 03:17 PM.
                        Rich!

Comment

UPDATE:
                          Revamping the fuel system since the stock pump took a dump...
                          Finally installed the M coupe Diff Cover
                          Had to install new WBO2 sensor from running way too rich, Ir plugs, 10mm Magnecor wires and 3rd Ford Motorcraft coil!:shit:
                          Replacing the small oil cooler with the fan for a larger Setrab unit and using the small one for the turbo.
                          Still need to re-seal the upper oil pan and cam carrier rear plate...
                          Still holding on the manifold with fingers crossed that someone comes up with a good T-4 Twin-Scroll option first... otherwise January for sure along with new wheels Pics forthcoming
                          Last edited by ///schwartzman; 12-13-2009, 04:21 PM.
                          Rich!

Comment

The pump failure is a blessing in disguise. You didn't want the stock pump anyway.

Someone definitely has a good T4 twinscroll manifold still squarely in his sights. So far, the HTA3582 with 1.06 twinscroll T4 is delivering well over 500whp on 93 octane on my 2.0L 4G63, and I haven't really even tuned it yet. The car feels like it's always rolling downhill. With a 2.3 or 2.5L E30 M3, it's going to be very impressive.

I'm pretty much finished with project car #1 now, so now it's on to #2 ...
                            2003 Mitsu EVO VIII - 2.0L / 600+whp
                            1988 BMW M3 turbo - Work in progress. . .
                            1986 SVO Mustang - Work in progress. . .

Comment

You're right Ted, I needed to address the fueling eventually especially if I'm going to do a Flex Fuel type setup there are only 2-E85 gas stations in greater Los Angeles area. Question: Can I run the system like this?
                              Walbro high pressure pump intank --->swirl pot --->Bosch 044 pump --->Aeromotive Filter--->Fuel Rail --->Aeromotive Adj. FPR --->Return to swirl pot

I was telling Anders, at this point I'll take any twin scroll manifold setup just to get the turbo & parts out of the closet. After Christmas I'm going to Burns Stainless to at least get the head, turbo, and WG flanges assembled and the double slip sections in place so just the "body" tubing will need mapping out.
                              Rich!

Comment

Question: Can I run the system like this?
                                Walbro high pressure pump intank --->swirl pot --->Bosch 044 pump --->Aeromotive Filter--->Fuel Rail --->Aeromotive Adj. FPR --->Return to swirl pot
                                Yes, that is usually how it is done.

I was telling Anders, at this point I'll take any twin scroll manifold setup just to get the turbo & parts out of the closet.
                                LOL

Don't forget to let me know when you're ready for us to finish the head. No hurry, we're keeping it on 'ice'.
                                2003 Mitsu EVO VIII - 2.0L / 600+whp
                                1988 BMW M3 turbo - Work in progress. . .
                                1986 SVO Mustang - Work in progress. . .

Comment

Working...
                                X