No announcement yet.

My M3 build pics (pre turbo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I may be abandoning my plans to turbo my ///M... I know it would be perfect, but a.) I'm not prepared to pay $1900 for a turbo manifold, and $1200 for the dual cat-back exhaust...
    b.) The MBZ 16V parts are cheaper to replace, and I already have 2 motors for it.

I have to get to the bottom of a pesky headgasket leak by the tensioner :shit: so "OFF WITH IT's HEAD!" And since I'm tired of the 8:1 compression I will put a Cometic MLS 95mm HG on and raise the compression to @10.8:1

But I do have a direct port, progressive "cheater" nitrous kit lying around... extra fuel pump, 3 gal. race fuel cell... Mmmm annular nozzles 50hp per

Last edited by ///schwartzman; 02-04-2010, 03:48 PM.
    Rich!

Comment

It's not how you stand by you car that counts.

Comment

monicaaaa!!!
        Terrance

Comment

I'm going to look into a manifold all next week, if nothing pans out for @$1200 I'm shifting my focus. Taking any and all suggestions at this point... And yes it has to be a twin scroll design. HELP!!!

I'm going to Burns Stainless on Monday.
          Rich!

Comment

My manifold (HPF coated) and dump pipe (Ceramic Coated) along with getting the hot side of the turbo HPF Coated all fitted came to $2000AUD. I owuld be suprised if you cannot get something decent for what you are asking.

Comment

That's what I thought... I've sourced enough 16G 321 S.S. for $480 but we'll see.
              Rich!

Comment

After I build my new manifold, I'll probably sell the old one for ~$700.
                Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                  You're upgrading huh there's always a method to your madness... What's up your sleeve now??

I'll be calling you this week...
                  Rich!

Comment

Not to jump in on Rich's thread, but Anders, make extras

Rich, PM coming on something else...
                    sigpic
                    Track Car Build | COM Sports Car Club

Comment

My car is at the shop waiting for an upgraded rear subframe. I'm having it sandblasted, then steel plates welded to the weak areas then off to powdercoat before reassembly... this is BS, but I gotta do it right...

Brendan, I'll get you those MS files when I get it back in a week or so.
                      Rich!

Comment

I'm lurking this forum more and more as I prepare to turbo my S14. I have a 165k mile engine that will be torn down and rebuilt to accommodate boost. I'm looking for 400whp or so and I'm learning a lot thanks to this section of S14.net.

Long winded a bit but I just wanted to say, I would also like to find a twin scroll manifold for a decent price. So build two!
                        Justin T.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                          Any chance you'd be willing to make a duplicate? I offer being from Oregon, meeting Ted a few times and a big fan of your car in return. Of course you would be rewarded with the weak US dollar.
                          Justin T.

Comment

good work man
                            BMW E30 CARS MK2 GOLF GTI

Comment

Thanks... due to recent back surgery, I am waiting til summer to attack this turbo manifold once and for all or another Anders innovation
                              Rich!

Comment

Hello Rich,
                                I hope you are feeling better. I know what you are going through and can certainly sympathize. With any luck you will be on your feet before you know it.
                                Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X