No announcement yet.

My M3 build pics (pre turbo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Keith, you know how it is... You gotta take it day by day.

Still struggling to get a turbo manifold done but I think once I have Burns Stainless get the flanges all done in some 321 SS there should only be 12-16 welds to do... I got the Solarflux B and rods... only time will tell.
    Rich!

Comment

Hi Schwartzman,

Did Burns recommend Solarflux on the inside of the headers?? One chip and your $1500 turbo will be toast.

Just buy a dual regulator and backpurge instead. It'll come in handy for years as you work with stainless...
      Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

It was suggested if backpurging was difficult, does it chip often? I would have it blasted and ceramic coated afterwards.

Anders how's your new design going, will it be a low mount twin-scroll by chance? I'm open to new options I was thinking an equal length header top w/ a double slip design lower turbo section.
        Last edited by ///schwartzman; 03-28-2010, 06:16 PM.
        Rich!

Comment

Well it's been awhile for many reasons, subframe cracked, surgery recovery, minor roadkill accident... body shop now at 44 days and counting and now a separation and moving! :shit: So in the interest of time and $$$ I decided to take a different tried & true, tested route thanks to my support group

I'll be posting pics soon, waiting for the Headway Performance turbo ported head and the car...
          Rich!

Comment

A little off topic, when I went to pick up my car which wasn't ready guess what I happened across... Name that car!

Now for some update pics... The Titanium ceramic Powdercoating is good for 2200* degrees plus DEI's new wrap should keep the temps in check and spooling!

All I need now is the turbo blanket, EGT setup, injectors & 3" cat-back piping...
            Last edited by ///schwartzman; 08-01-2010, 08:05 AM.
            Rich!

Comment

Ok I'm back on track... Well, kinda... (still waiting for my turbo ported & flowed head Headway Perf.)

My recent sidetrack with bodywork performed by Specialty Car Craft definitely a good experience I recommend them highly... And they sponsor track events too with Lotus, Ferrari & Lamborghini as VIP's

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...874#post436874

I'll be entering phase 2 on my build with turbo in the appropriate section... See you there like Fonzerelli!
              Last edited by ///schwartzman; 08-31-2010, 04:00 PM.
              Rich!

Comment

Ok, I was going to start another thread but it will be a bit redundant as will be evident as I post the progress of the forced induction of my S14...

Basically I will revise my specs and list my additions listing vendor credits etc. For now obviously Anders and Ted B. my partners in crime and S14.net have been invaluable in this quest. And along the way I've made new invaluable resourceful friends which will be chronicled as the project gets buttoned up in the next few weeks.

Test fit of the turbo & downpipe revealed what I've known for years... My car is one of the 3/4" narrow shock tower chassis, which means modifications :(

Ti Ceramic Coated Valve Cover (1800*) EMBEE comes through again - $108

I'm debating whether to reapply the VHT Crinkle Red to match the plenum or leave it the sublime Ti grey matching the turbo, headers etc.

Other "while I was in there..." maintainence
                - replace cracked rear subframe with reinforced sub w/AKG poly mounts
                - paint rear trailing arms
                - new axles / boots
                - new FAG rear wheel bearings
                - front swaybar link --> shock tube reinforcements
                - Vorshlag motor mounts
                - 3.73 LSD Diff. refresh case, seals, etc.

Courtesy of the conscientious work of Chris @ Castro's Auto Repair; 12600 Sherman Way #C; N. Hollywood, CA 91605; 818.765.3606
                Last edited by ///schwartzman; 02-24-2011, 06:08 PM.
                Rich!

Comment

That valve cover is looking good

88 M3 - 04 LS430 - 03 SL500 - 95 E320 - 70 Mini Cooper
                  RC Wheels by Team Pogi

like us on facebook

Comment

I like it but it is a bit plain. Should I keep it like that, or back the way it was JP?

Last edited by ///schwartzman; 02-24-2011, 06:32 PM.
                    Rich!

Comment

• I like the titanium ceramic. I'm also thinking of changing my wrinkle red for something different.

But a flat red with the titanium lettering might be pretty
                      Last edited by monzon; 02-24-2011, 06:52 PM.

88 M3 - 04 LS430 - 03 SL500 - 95 E320 - 70 Mini Cooper
                      RC Wheels by Team Pogi

like us on facebook

Comment

• Ok, I'll put it on the car tomorrow to see how it looks and maybe I'll snatch the plenum to get blasted and done the same way.
                        Rich!

Comment

• What this item I circled. It will be fubar'd whatever it is once you have run the turbo for a short itme.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Dave I think that's the O2 sensor plug just stuck there while test fitting, it will have the silver fiberglass heat-sleeve on it when all is done.
                            Rich!

Comment

• That Ti looks great, Rich. I think I would do the fuel rail in the same finish, nice and industrial.

Keep it up! I wanna see it started soon.
                              Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

• Wassup buddy! Can't sleep either?? Been busy and crashing this week but tonight I can't sleep in anticipation of finishing soon...

Well this color was kinda your idea... The rail too?? I was gonna have it anodized so I could run E85 later especially since gas hit $4.07 for 91 octane today!
                                Rich!

Comment

Working...
                                X