No announcement yet.

My M3 build pics (pre turbo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, if you're running E85 then definitely anodize it. You're right about not sleeping; I got SO much to do.:1:
    Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

• Jaguar XJ220 S
      Last edited by jibbajabba; 02-25-2011, 06:46 AM.
      1988 E30 M3 S38
      1970 E10 2002 S14

Comment

• I love seeing your car at the shop each week, but I want it out of there so we can finally bring mine in! :shit:

LOL can't wait to ride in this beast Rich! [peace]
        Need a good mechanic/fabricator/performance shop in SoCal?
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155404

Castro Motorsport

12600 Sherman Way, Unit C
        North Hollywood, CA 91605
        (818) 765-3606

The Purple ///Monster Build:
        http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47251

Comment

• Okay! Looks like I got a bump to the darkside

So I'm excited to report that March looks like the month she will rise again! Thanks to Chris Castro... It took awhile due to a lot of little knick knack repairs that he came across upon inspection and installation of new parts. Sorry for the picture quality but I'll let them speak for themselves...

Aside from replacing the cracked rear subframe which was reinforced...

...powder coated grey for contrast, to detect future damage early.

Chris found, cleaned, repaired, and reinforced every possible weak link that he found in preparation for the turbo, custom 3" exhaust.

Cracked shock tower --> swaybar link
          Before:

Repaired:

After:

Chris cleaned off all the surface rust from the brake calipers, discs, and backing plates and trailing arms, re-painting them as well...

I'm sure I'll be upgrading the brakes very soon anyway.

Front subframe reinforcement w/ Vorshlag mounts

Onto the forced induction challenges, downpipe and wastegate was making contact so a few welding mods had to be made for clearance...

I'll take more pics with my camera hopefully tomorrow.
          Rich!

Comment

• Originally posted by e30polak View Post
            I love seeing your car at the shop each week, but I want it out of there so we can finally bring mine in! :shit:

LOL can't wait to ride in this beast Rich! [peace]
            There will be 3 Chris' in that car for a first drive hopefully in a week or so! Thanks for everything! Wait... How'd you get an S14 again??

I know, I know, Ara is waiting too... And the Mercedes 16V is after y'all!

Gonna need some mods to the MegaSquirt II v3.57 for the Low-Z injectors, COP, Methanol injection and J&S knockbox & remote GM MAP sensor.
            Last edited by ///schwartzman; 02-25-2011, 05:53 PM.
            Rich!

Comment

• Rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats up buddy? Still holding the lens covers for you.Cruise on by soon.
              Hope all is well.

Your pal,

A
              88 M3 DS 89 M3 Zinno

Comment

• Hey Shant! Been very busy for the new year buddy! I will be by very soon, I think I'll be by EMBEE, Santa Ana next Wednesday so if you're not busy...

How's your Alpine car??
                Rich!

Comment

• Cool, cruise by.Be good to catch up. The DD is doing great,thanks!
                  88 M3 DS 89 M3 Zinno

Comment

• Ok Chris @ Castro's has been my right hand since I can't wrench post back surgery and this month he's been on it with his new Miller 350!

So here's the latest from this weekend, after taking Anders' advice Chris & I decided to improve ground clearance by tucking a V-band above the 90* bend... downpipe mods are completed!

Dumptube & WG --> Downpipe

V-band tucked up & fitted

Exhaust pipe clearance

This week, wrap the pipes in the engine bay, fab the (M6) cat-back exhaust, try to figure out COP, Low-Z injectors & Methanol injection with MegaSquirt v3.57. Those damn Vorshlag motor mounts better hold up! Gotta get Group-N Trans mounts...
                    Last edited by ///schwartzman; 02-27-2011, 07:28 AM.
                    Rich!

Comment

• Sup Rich ! Yeah Im definitely anxious about the final product !

Im just hoping your 3.73 wont be too short for the turbo, maybe 3.25 instead ?

Who is hooking you up with a base map ? Tuning might be a bit tricky/sensitive .

Comment

• Thanks for the shims Ara! I think the 3.15 mm shims are becoming a rarity,they are NLA for Volvo... they start at 3.30 mm now :(

OK, exhaust is virtually done, just getting all the alignment situated for the muffler.

Now to button up the pesky stuff with tuning the Megasquirt to work with the J&S knockbox, COP & Low-Z injectors which I think I will use resistors till I make up my mind on switching to a ViPEC... Brendan gonna need you!!

So I'm gonna make a dyno tuning appointment this week... more $$$ :shit:
                        Rich!

Comment

• Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
                          Thanks for the shims Ara! I think the 3.15 mm shims are becoming a rarity,they are NLA for Volvo... they start at 3.30 mm now :(

OK, exhaust is virtually done, just getting all the alignment situated for the muffler.

Now to button up the pesky stuff with tuning the Megasquirt to work with the J&S knockbox, COP & Low-Z injectors which I think I will use resistors till I make up my mind on switching to a ViPEC... Brendan gonna need you!!

No problem. I'm in the midst of final wiring and re-configuring mine as we speak. If I get my act together, and with a little luck, I may try to fire it up tomorrow...

And by the way - loving the exhaust. Burns Stainless stuff? Thinking of this for a future project...
                          sigpic
                          Track Car Build | COM Sports Car Club

Comment

• Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
                            Thanks for the shims Ara! I think the 3.15 mm shims are becoming a rarity,they are NLA for Volvo... they start at 3.30 mm now :(

No problem man, I think the extra shims might be passed over to Polak soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brendan View Post
                              No problem. I'm in the midst of final wiring and re-configuring mine as we speak. If I get my act together, and with a little luck, I may try to fire it up tomorrow...

And by the way - loving the exhaust. Burns Stainless stuff? Thinking of this for a future project...
                              No the same guys Anders uses Columbia River Mandrel-Bends, and Chris at Castro's just bought a Miller 350 so TIG welding fusion or rods are light work... gotta love V-bands for neat clearance. Chris had a catalytic from an M6 so hopefully its not a restriction / back-pressure, good enough for 5 cylinders.

I'm gonna crack open the MS on Monday I'll take some pics.
                              Rich!

Comment

• :mad:Was waiting on shims (2.85-3.25) and Volvo now starts at 3.30 (f'in great) since my valve tips weren't checked, great work Headless ProNORMance! :shit:

Assembly now in progress, unfortunately the knock controller and COP install had to wait until I buy a ViPec for Christmas... pics forthcoming!

Thanks to Chris @ Castro's Customs for picking up the slack of some hacks.
                                Rich!

Comment

Working...
                                X