Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My M3 build pics (pre turbo)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I bought this CRP kit for volvo's, had the 285 and many others.
    1990-1993 Volvo 240

    http://www.amazon.com/Crp-Industries...4570593&sr=8-1

    Last edited by autox320; 05-04-2011, 05:27 PM.
    Photos

    Comment


    • Good find, thanks! I will have to invest, since I'll probably recheck the valve adjustment at 1000 miles.
      Rich!

      Comment


      • Progress almost done... Triple checked shims and 108 deg. on the cams locked them in, and sealed up the valve cover which was painted back red... Couldn't justify $120 to ceramic coat the plenum to match the Ti color.



        Later today, install freshly wrapped DP, connect all vacuum hoses WG, BOV etc. Long hot day!
        Rich!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
          Progress almost done... Triple checked shims and 108 deg. on the cams locked them in, and sealed up the valve cover which was painted back red... Couldn't justify $120 to ceramic coat the plenum to match the Ti color.



          Later today, install freshly wrapped DP, connect all vacuum hoses WG, BOV etc. Long hot day!
          Sechstacular!
          Need a good mechanic/fabricator/performance shop in SoCal?
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155404

          Castro Motorsport

          12600 Sherman Way, Unit C
          North Hollywood, CA 91605
          (818) 765-3606

          The Purple ///Monster Build:
          http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47251

          Comment


          • looks really good. what size dp is that? looks tiny in that pic

            "Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
            original E30 M3ís main purpose in life was to
            win races on the track, not the street. It
            got the job done."

            Comment


            • Ha ha, that's the pipe for the Tial wastegate (50mm) I'll take another pic with the DP, intake etc. working in 97 deg. Not cool, literally...
              Rich!

              Comment


              • Ceep,

                That's the wastegate tube you're seeing in that pic. It's 1.75" OD if I remember correctly. Edit: Hey Rich, we were typing at the same time! BTW, it's a Tial 44mm.
                Last edited by Anders; 05-05-2011, 03:50 PM.
                Anders

                "Objects in mirror are losing..."

                Comment


                • Anders is psychic! We were thinking the same thing, same time, Ha!!! Thanks for the info. on test pipe vs catalyst for tuning... Now to decide whether to put a y-pipe cutout or test pipe...

                  Checklist: adjust chain tensioner, fill brake fluid, Evans coolant & prime the oil, mount coil & wires, wrap up and route loose wiring, relocate IAT sensor, clean the engine bay to install the heat shielding material, replace one braided fuel line... I'm forgetting something I just know it.
                  Rich!

                  Comment


                  • Well done Rich.... permanant grin is on the way!

                    Comment


                    • Thanks Morris! Chris just called me with the car running! Albeit no boosting yet because we haven't changed injector size or any parameters yet... I am geeked! I'll be driving up as soon as Anders gets back from the motherland
                      Rich!

                      Comment


                      • Rich, did you get that last bolt on the back of the turbo ? Man, that was such a PITA.

                        Comment


                        • Yup! PITFA... There has to be a better way!
                          Rich!

                          Comment


                          • Looks good!
                            1988 E30 M3 S38
                            1970 E10 2002 S14

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
                              Ha ha, that's the pipe for the Tial wastegate (50mm) I'll take another pic with the DP, intake etc. working in 97 deg. Not cool, literally...
                              Ha, that makes sense. The angle of that picture makes it look like its the DP.

                              Where in SoCal are you located? I'd love to check your car out one day.

                              "Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
                              original E30 M3ís main purpose in life was to
                              win races on the track, not the street. It
                              got the job done."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CeeP View Post
                                Ha, that makes sense. The angle of that picture makes it look like its the DP.

                                Where in SoCal are you located? I'd love to check your car out one day.
                                Rich has got the Long Beach special aka lbcmeister

                                I would definitely get a 3.5 inch electric cut-out , way too many cops around the L.A area as of late. My friend had a Lexus with a 2JZ and when he hit the button it sounded as quiet as a brand new camry, mighty impressive/stealth.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X