Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    I ended up having to sell the car to my friend Ernest after my wife had 3 car accidents in 5 years... it's running and attending shows. I've moved on for now, building my 86 Mercedes 190E-16 EVO 1 spec & '93 VW Corrado Turbo... and back to Audi's

Leave a comment:

• bootleg
    replied
    lets see a video!

Leave a comment:

• erik bernstein
    replied
    What's going on with this car? Is it now a postponed project?
    Erik

Leave a comment:

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    I know, I know... I just can't wait to get back to canyon runs and C&C weekends!

Leave a comment:

• erik bernstein
    replied
    Just another benefit to dealing with Neel- hes done so many of the engine wiring harnesses and they come out oh so nice!

Leave a comment:

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    Hi Erik, so the shop where the car is, I used to work for long ago... It just so happened they had access to a new Link G4 EMS available and a reputable tuner that comes thru frequently. ViPEC & Link are both subsidiaries of Electronz Inc. ViPEC is a little more expensive with a few more options built in like drive by wire capability, low Z injector drivers, all stuff I really don't need but basically they're the same even swappable. My issue has been finding tuners that would even touch MS... I figure now that I've eliminated that issue we can get this party started, no telling how long to wire it in now

Leave a comment:

• erik bernstein
    replied
    Hi Rich Why the Link as opposed to the Vipec? Will Neel tune the Link unit? I,m surprised you dont want the Vipec as quite a few members are running it successfully and being fairly local to Neel I was able to have him tune it

Leave a comment:

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    With the time and $ spent on this project, I could've bought another Porsche... Well, since last years mishap the cars' paint has been refreshed, but there are a litany of things going wrong in the interim I had to replace a bad TPS, misc. leaks from a motor that has never leaked! I'm a little beside myself on this one car hasn't been really driven in almost 4 years, but it looks damn good. And yeah after many telling me to "discard the MegaSquirt it's not worthy..." I've finally started to put it out to pasture for a Link system with Deutsch connectors, virtually the same as a ViPEC. It'll find it's way into my 190E-16 to go COP/EFI... I'll shoot more pics next week when I visit the shop.

Leave a comment:

• MillerMotoring
    replied
    Jealous of this build or what hahaha Minus the asthetics. http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=171339056767

Leave a comment:

• dcvee
    replied
    How about just a teaser pic or two? Or ten!!
    Don

Leave a comment:

• erik bernstein
    replied
    Whats up Rich ? Hows your car coming and are you bringing it to Bimmerfest?

Erik

Leave a comment:

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    Whoo Hooo! S14 is back in full effect... Eternal project slowly making progress. Pics forthcoming

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    Im thinking of adding another probe because my ECU has that ability without getting a seperate controller. 4 is ideal though for sure.

Im researching if I want to move the probe though. Ive read with fewer probes the collector is the best place. Its only an average, but without one probe per cylinder you are really basing the other cyls off the one you monitor anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
    Im using the EGT processor in my VEMS system. I only have one probe, its not the best but better than shooting in the dark. I have it tapped into the #4 runner.
    Yeah I have one probe too but looking for the whole kit. I'll use cyl. #4 as well since it tends to run most lean. We will see.

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    Im using the EGT processor in my VEMS system. I only have one probe, its not the best but better than shooting in the dark. I have it tapped into the #4 runner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X