Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konig
    replied
    Update from the dead! Nice. Look forward to seeing some footage if you put it together.

Leave a comment:

• Motorsports14
    replied
    Apologies for the lack of updates. I started a great job shortly after getting the car running in 2014 and honestly haven't had much time at all to tinker with it. It makes it especially hard when I see it once every month for the weekend. I am currently about ~365 miles from where the car is currently stored and am trying to fix that soon.

Good news is the car is running great. It has been converted to run on E85 fuel and I have put about 4000 miles on the engine now.

Had some issues with the MLS multi-layer gasket sealing well under higher boost levels. I ended up replacing the head gasket with a cutting ring style and that has alleviated all issues.

Next up is integrating knock sensors with the ECU and getting the tune dialed in on the dyno.

I'll try to get some go-pro footage with external mic posted when I get a chance.

Here is a link to a video of the first start up back in 2014: https://vimeo.com/68350383

Another video: https://www.instagram.com/p/m6nwO8By...=charbel.elian

Current state of affairs

Leave a comment:

• Split_S
    replied
    I hate threads that end like this....

Leave a comment:

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    BUMP for some update pics

Leave a comment:

• PCasil
    replied
    Impressive setup, man. I wanna hear how she sounds on the road!

Leave a comment:

• Motorsports14
    replied
    Some goodies showed up today. 4.5" Perrin 2-Piece Foam Filter.

Leave a comment:

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    Downpipe ---> "3 Stainless V-band piping ---> OE e64 M6 catalytic converter---> ??? Muffler

I haven't settled on a muffler yet I was running an Aero Turbine for its claimed scavenging effect but the jury is still out... need to fab the tips like you did.
    Last edited by ///schwartzman; 07-20-2013, 04:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Motorsports14
    replied
    Rich, what does your turbo back consist of?

Leave a comment:

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    Originally posted by Motorsports14 View Post

I finished up the exhaust today and installed it on the car. It sounds awesome and so different from an N/A S14. It has a very low and deep rumble. Just need to do some TLC on the front bumper and install it so I can start street tuning. Running around CA without a bumper and large front mount intercooler is asking for it.
    Sweet! I noticed the change in exhaust note as well, only way I could describe it was "pissed off" Ha! I'm a little scared of getting pulled over, no bumper is a dead giveaway....They're setting up a lot of checkpoints with mobile smog checks and sniffer vans these days.

More pics buddy, and video & sound bites!

Leave a comment:

• Motorsports14
    replied
    Originally posted by tonerrrr View Post
    What he said, mostly the problem part ha! I hope just my stock rebuild comes out HALF as good as this did, keep it up! Now, I demand more updates!!
    Thanks! As long as you enjoy every step of it then I am sure it will.

I finished up the exhaust today and installed it on the car. It sounds awesome and so different from an N/A S14. It has a very low and deep rumble. Just need to do some TLC on the front bumper and install it so I can start street tuning. Running around CA without a bumper and large front mount intercooler is asking for it.
    Last edited by Motorsports14; 07-19-2013, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tonerrrr
    replied
    Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
    Good job!

I have a lot of respect for those of you who do these quality turbo conversions. The amount of fabrication involved, the tuning, and possible problems all scare the crap outta me.
    What he said, mostly the problem part ha! I hope just my stock rebuild comes out HALF as good as this did, keep it up! Now, I demand more updates!!

Leave a comment:

• Motorsports14
    replied
    Almost done fabricating the exhaust system. Decided on 16 Gauge 3" 304-SS with a Borla XR-1 muffler I had laying around. Here are some pictures of the collector I made for the exhaust tips.

Leave a comment:

• Motorsports14
    replied
    Thanks Rich! Since you already had the MS3 up and running, I recommend you stick with it and give it a shot. Also, awesome news about the new turbo you got. I was in shock and disbelief when I read about what happened to your car. However, I knew that you would take the opportunity to improve things and you have done that. Can't wait to see your back on the road. Keep that thread updated!

Leave a comment:

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    Nice, nothing like the feeling of "it actually runs... I did it!" All the best!

BTW, I ended up going with the GTX3076R as well with the T3 5 bolt to mate with my current dump tube w/.82 a/r so I'm crossing my fingers. Still gotta port & coat my housings but I'm watching yours for your tuning now. Debating on sticking with my MS3 or trying the AEM EMS-4 setup that local tuners will tune.
    Last edited by ///schwartzman; 06-13-2013, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Motorsports14
    replied
    First start up happened today. Happy to finally hear it come to life!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X