• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know who does E30 M3 turbo kit

Does anyone know who or were a M3 Turbo kit can be supplied

many thanks
    Soon to be M3 E30 owner and with anyluck Evo Sport

I think that turbo kits were available in the past, but are not available anymore (to my knowledge). I think that it might have to be a a custom job. Our cars have proven difficult to turbo/supercharge, so best of luck. Let the board know if you find anything.

Comment

I talked it over with a fabricator who specializes in Turbocharging and he says the first difficult part of making a kit for the M3 is the exhaust manifold. Because of the engine angle it doesn't leave much room for a long lasting, equal length manifold. You'd likely have to use some sort of log type manifold which he does not recommend. He didn't sound to enthusiastic about the project. I know there are companies in Europe who make manifolds though.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
      85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
      91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Ever think of doing a superchager? That would be way easier to do because there is less plumbing involved. Tuning is the biggest problem (turbo or supercharging)!

I know a guy that has a supercharged E30 M3, but it seems he is always having wicked problems with it because he is using the stock Motronic system. I think that whatever you do, get yourself an aftermarket ECU (Motec or the like). This way you can set up all the fuel curves and timing for boost, all while removing the Mass-Air sensor. I think Powerstation is selling a great "drop" in Motec conversion that would meet the needs of a boosted engine. Lucky for you they are based in the U.K.
        Last edited by wookie1976; 04-17-2003, 06:11 PM.

Comment

A supercharger is the best way to go. First, you only have toi do the easier ide of the motor: the intake manifold. Second, it will have linear response. Third, its a low boost solution. Fourth, it will sound better than a turbo.

In all cases, you add an aftermarket EMS and your choise of mass air flow sensors and you're set to go. Should be able to take a 200 rwhp motor to 300 easily.

Comment

Working...
          X