Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex Will Hoy 91 BTCC championship winning car lives !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pics i sent you earlier, show that it has to be Matt Neils car. Look at the silver and black on the rear fender.

Comment

Interesting thread.

I'm also interested to hear about the ZA-spec 325iS. I've read what scant material I've ever come across, but would love to hear more. Send me a PM if you could.

Cheers,
      Colin

Comment

Glad to have you on here Mish/Noor-Deen

I still need to come around and fetch that DVD, and ogle over this M again. Pls let me know when u get it back on a lift, I'm so keen to have a look under that car.
        Widebody e30 race car build

Comment

I remember loading both the Matt Neal (ex will hoy 1991 car) and the Bristow (Labbatts car) that Laurence Bristow drove in 1991 and a few meetings of 1992 into a container bound for SA in the summer of 1993. I was a nipper back then working for Team Dynamics (the team that morphed out of the defunct vlm team). Back then I was always told that the Neal car was the ex Will Hoy car by ex-vlm team members I was working with.

In 1993 the Neal car was perfect and the Bristow car was complete minus the engine.

I distinctly remember my terror at the wheel of the neal car as it was backed out of the transporter and straight into a sea container which was still mounted on the back of a lorry. In those days I still had not even passed my driving test.

The only reason I got to work for the team was because Ray Bellm was a family friend, so I will ask my parents to enquire about the location of the Bellm car when they next see the family.

Someone also asked what Will Hoy drove in 1992. He jumped ship to Toyota and drove a Rouse built Carina for 1992.

Comment

I have just thought of one more bit of info, although this will need to be checked.
            In 1990 VLM ran a single car for Jeff Allam in the Btcc. I am pretty certain that this was an ex Bigazzi car so that shell may have formed the basis for the 1991 Hoy car. This may not be correct, but might be worth looking into.

Comment

Hi there, just thought i would let you know that i am the owner of the Tim Harvey labatts BTTC M3, the car is in pristine condition and have given it a couple of run outs this year, it is in full race spec and the engine is the correct Zytek unit that the cars ran with, regards, Paul

Comment

Paul, welcome on board. Love to see some recent pics if pos
                Craig

1990 M3 Sport Evo

2006 VW Golf R32

Comment

Yup. Welcome Paul.

For those who want to see Will Hoy in action, here's the full feature movie of the 1991 BTCC season with the ups and downs. Download while it is still available.

http://apexeta.com/bmwvids/BTCC%201991.avi

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                  1989 M3 racecar
                  e39 Touring

Comment

The Bristow car is still in SA and is currently has an E36 lump fitted whilst the owner locates parts to rebuild the 2.0L. The car did race for a while, before being stored. The owner who currently stays in Kent is a mate from SA. I have mentioned the interest in the car on the forum to him before, but has not posted so I respect his decision to remain anon for now.

Brian,

I will send you a pic of the car racing in SA a good few years ago, and I also have one of it on a trailer outside my house I had in South africa, but that is in paper format, so will try and scan it, and mail it to you.

I will also mail the owner and find out if he has any pic`s of it with him over here, along with another mate who is a good friend`s of the owner as I sure he will have some pic of it back in SA.

Regards,

Brian, are you still on the same mail address ?

Dave.
                    E30 M3 for the Road
                    & one for the Track &
                    a S14 2002 for fun

Comment

Have mailed both my mates and hopefully something will turn up. I have emailed a link to this thread, to them so fingers crossed.

Brian, Need your email address. I`m still on the same mobile number.

Cheers,

dave
                      E30 M3 for the Road
                      & one for the Track &
                      a S14 2002 for fun

Comment

I guess this article may have been posted before, but for those who haven't seen it:

Originally printed in July 1991:

Comment

I have good knowledge that the ex Vic Lee / Bristow helicopter's car is soon to return to the uk as a rolling shell and will be up for sale. It has all the correct suspension, air jacks, fuel tank etc.

if anybody is intrestred I can put you in contact.

regards

dave
                          E30 M3 for the Road
                          & one for the Track &
                          a S14 2002 for fun

Comment

Working...
                          X