BMW DTM racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW DTM racing

Why doesn't BMW participate in the DTM series racing? Is it that they rather concentrate of the GT and F1 series? Or they don't have a car in regulation?

BMW will be returning to the ADAC 24 Hrs of Nurburgring in 2003, maybe we can get lucky and have them in a works entry in DTM next year:home:

Comment

Isnt nurburgring the longest track? Wasnt there a e30 ///M3 in second place for the longest time behind a viper at the last event?

Good times

Comment

i thought the supra was the fastest stock car around the track..?
        "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
        "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
        onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

shahe, he's talking about the actual 24 hour race, not the open track days where cars like the blitz supra, X5 Le Mans, and Ruf CTR have set track records on the Nordschleife.

Comment

F1

BMW pay so much money for the formula 1 and the DTM is a expencive racing series.They canīt pay so much money for F1 and DTM.

Comment

Re: F1

Originally posted by BMWM3DTM
              BMW pay so much money for the formula 1 and the DTM is a expencive racing series.They canīt pay so much money for F1 and DTM.
              I beg to differ. I actually looked at the DTM rules, and cars use relatively low hp (500) production based engines. Sure, they are purpose built race cars, but they are only allowed to go thru 1 or 2 motors per season. I think its just that BMW has already conquered sports car, and they wanted to be a winner in Grand Prix racing (although its looking bleaker and bleaker)...

Comment

Working...
              X