Dtm restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dtm restoration

Here are some pictures of a 1990 dtm car i am restoring.
    Last edited by Nathan; 05-22-2009, 12:30 AM.

nice. please more pics.

A special thank you to:
    archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

I will keep you all up to date with pictures as the project goes on,
      Here are some picture of the rear cross member and tralling arms 90 spec.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Nathan; 03-10-2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Very cool! Please keep us posted. Im sure alot of members will be interested.

Comment

That's VERY interesting Nathan! Please keep the pictures coming. What sort of history does that chassis have? Can you provide the Matter chassis #? Was the front end replaced? I've not seen a 1990 DTM M3 with standard strut tower tops and unmodified wheel wells.

Thanks!
          Jake

Comment

sick stuff. keep us posted. subscribed *thumbs up*
            "Hearing the metallic clatter of the valves, the wind, tire and road noise....the endless stream of morse code that comes through the seat bottom and steering wheel. It's amazing."--:OMG:S14addict:OMG:

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
              That's VERY interesting Nathan! Please keep the pictures coming. What sort of history does that chassis have? Can you provide the Matter chassis #? Was the front end replaced? I've not seen a 1990 DTM M3 with standard strut tower tops and unmodified wheel wells.

Thanks!
              Jake
              I was thinking the exact same thing.
              Widebody e30 race car build

Comment

:nice!:

Schwarz 1990 Sport Evolution

Comment

HI THE MATTER No IS 4.89 ,TEAM VALIER HAROLD GROHS,ON INSPECTION IT MAY HAVE HAD LIGHT FRONT DAMAGE,BUT I THINK THE TOP TOWER STRUTS ARE ORIGINAL AS THAY ONLY RAN 17" WHEELS ON THE CAR THAT SEASON.SO NO NEED FOR FRONT ARCH AND TOWER MODS,PROBABLY AN EARLIER SPEC SHELL.

Comment

Thanks Nathan. Was this the one German Cars (of East Anglia) had or serviced a few years ago? I see two small holes on top of the RH front strut upper cage tube. The one I'm thinking of had a VIN tag installed there. The number seems right too.

Cheers mate,
                    Jake

Comment

I can stare at pics like this for hours...
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes that's the one Jake,the guy who had it before made it road legal and all parts where stock , so i had to do the right thing and return it to it's former glory (all donations welcome:smile2
                        Last edited by Nathan; 05-22-2009, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Awesome!

I'm subscribed for sure, always great to see a DTM/Grp A M3 restored to it's former glory!
                          Widebody e30 race car build

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                            Yes that's the one Jake,the guy who had it before made it road legal and all parts where stock , so i had to do the right thing and return it to it's former glory (all donations welcome:smile2
                            Wow, and I was just taking a stab in the dark that it was the same one. LOL I looked that one over briefly in 2006 or 2007 when it was for sale. I wanted to buy it but couldn't afford it at the time. Glad to see it went to a good home!

Good luck with the project mate. And please keep the pictures coming! :gotcha:

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              yes! and thank you! where do we send the $ to?

A special thank you to:
                              archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

Working...
                              X