X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS154
    replied
    Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
    The pictured part is not titanium. You can tell because they used bends, rather than lots of small wedges.
    Titanium would not handle the high EGTs the S14 puts out.

If you are looking for the most accurate S14 GrpA/DTM headers, go to www.zeroexhausts.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• Mike K.
    replied
    I lost track of how many DTM exhaust headers they produced. One in 88, one in 89, two in 90, one in 91 & parts in 92. The last versions I remember where individual tube sections per cylinder so teams could produce any design they wanted. I'm sure there are more versions, the list I have is what I can confirm.

The exhaust on the motor is Inconel not titanium or stainless, I have one that looks very similar. I have no idea what the "137" is, I 'm guessing the "54" is diameter & "90" is the year.

Mike K.

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    The pictured part is not titanium. You can tell because they used bends, rather than lots of small wedges.

Leave a comment:

• Information needed about the DTM "factory racing engine" exhaust manifold

Click image for larger version

Name:	S14_race_engine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	847000

I'm looking for any info about the exhaust manifold pictured above on this S14. Is it a factory BMW race part for the DTM German touring car series? Is it made from stainless or titanium?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3637.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	846999

The manifold i'm trying to identify looks exactly the same as the one pictured above. It also has these numbers stamped on it.

Thanks for any help!

-Shane
Working...
X