Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My M3 has lived a life of crime!!!(gotta see these pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My M3 has lived a life of crime!!!(gotta see these pics)

I posted this on e30tech.com too, but you gotta see this!

Ok, when i got my M3 a few weeks back it did not have a new radio. I was putting in a cd player and some new rear speakers and running new wires as suggested by some fellow e30 owners, and I found this, a secret hidden compartment under the driver-side rear seat. Now, I thought it was kinda weird when the car would only hold 8 gallons of gas. From what I can see, someone welded the gas tank half shut and cut a hole under the rear seat and put an electric actuator to open and close this compartment. This compartment is actually the inside of the driverside half of the gas tank. the actuator has been disconnected, but is still there. It is partially carpeted in the inside. I'm pretty sure somewhere along the line this car was used to run drugs! What else could this well hidden compartment, which you cant see from inside or underneath( i had the car on a lift when i bought it and the underneath appears completely stock) the car. Here are some pics. I have mixed emotions. I'm kinda pissed that there is a hole cut into the floor of my car, but on the otherside, its a pretty cool little compartment! So, anyone have a good used m3 gas tank for sale? :shock:

REGISTER YOU M CAR IN THE M REGISTRY TO HELP TRACK ALL THE REMAINING E30 M3s
    http://www.bmwmregistry.com/registry.php

OMG!!!!:surprised

I have heard that these cars were the choice of drug runners back in the day.

Guess this confirms that one.

The electric compartment door is unreal. Id check that car over really careful for forgotten $$$ and of course contraband. You get caught with that, you may be in a world of hurt with the cops. For the same reason, I would ditch the hole, weld it shut, and go back to stock.

Comment

man...that sucks.

Comment

damn. Thats nutty... kinda cool, and kinda.... not :err:

I have a gas tank. Located in NH.
        Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Wow!

They sure went to a lot of trouble to make that! :rolleyes: I'm sure a carfax could tell us some more about it's previous lives/owners lives :cool: Be interesting to run and see what it pulls up
          1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
          1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
          1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

man that is sweet!!!!

Comment

Wow, that is unreal!

I know there were some guys in the NE setting up E30 M3's with the grpAmotors, bought with drug money...but that was in the late 80's/early 90's.

Like Chris said, kinda cool...kinda not.

318is 2litre

Comment

WOW, the fact that they went through all the trouble of making it electric is nuts. How many owners has the car had, mileage? I would like to know what you find out.
                '87 325
                '88 M3
                '97 Dinan 328i

Comment

That movie "Paid In Full" comes to mind =P. That is pretty crazy that they went through all of that trouble.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                  85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                  91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

car fax shows nothing weird, 3 prev owners, 1st guy had it till 99 i think. The only thing, is the guy who sold it to me bought it off the previous owners girlfriend, cause the previous owner was in jail wonder what for:cool: Car has 148k, very clean original stock car, well except for the secret compartment. Yeah, I/m planning on showing my car a life with out drugs and help it kick its habit

Comment

Holy crap.
                      I say you remove the left rear seat and replace it with a piece of plexi glass, then turn the void into a fish tank.. pimp my ride style.

So that was you posting a few months back claming your would only take 8 gallons of gas?.. I'm sorry man, at the time I thought you were crazy.

Comment

See mick, im not crazy, i just bought one of those crazy MA cars The electic door this is pretty crazy, but what amazes me is that someone actually modifed the gas tank and put a secret compartment in one side of the tank! Anyone who ever changed one of these tanks before know what a PITA it is to change out the tank. Damn and I thought I wouldn't have to do it again lol

Comment

cool story

Comment

Wish i had that for my 6 disc dvd.

Originally posted by drinaldis
                            I dated a girl who used to do the reverse grind. I kinda liked it.

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, the old days ;0
                              "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
                              "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
                              onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

Working...
                              X