No announcement yet.

How long have you owned your M3???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought 16 years ago. 80k miles on the odo today. Needless to say, it's a garage queen. Nothing out there can replace the fun + value factor. Priceless.

Comment

• I've had my E30 M3 Convertible for a 3 years it has 93tkm (55tmls) on the clock.
      E90 330xi
      E46 M3 Individual
      E30 M3 Convertible
      E30 M3
      E87 118i
      Wellcraft Excalibur 38"

Comment

• Bought mine in '96 with 86000 miles, either second or third owner. Owned 11 plus years now and has 256000 miles, one new engine, and currently getting a major restoration.

Expect to have to put the third engine in at about 300000 miles, but hope that won't be for awhile. Car is going from a daily driver to weekend driver. I can't afford to sell it so my youngest son may get to assume the love/hate relationship!
        William Buchanan
        '91 M3
        Bastos/Castrol DTM Tribute
        259000 miles and still an immense pleasure to drive.
        "The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about, or choose to ignore"

Comment

• Originally posted by Evolution View Post
          My first M3 i bought was in March 01, And kept her untill FEB 05 so 3 years and 11 months. The second M3 I bought in Dec 04, So 3-4 months so far, But plan to keep her for the long run, Because I'm planning to spend a bomb on her
          And thinking you had her for sale a few months ago... I'm glad you kept her.
          Last edited by kiko; 12-18-2007, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Bought mine on 02/14/1996, Valentine's Day, and christen her
            as "4DAFUN". She had 84K on the clock, now 162K. Lost the original
            engine in 2001 due to a spun rod bearing due to shifting into 3rd instead of 5th at 120 MPH!! Having too much fun is costly! Rebuilt the 2.3 and lost it at 3500 mi due to detonation. I had forgotten to clean & restore the injectors. Very expensive error. On the 2nd rebuild now with 10K on the new engine. In 2003, she went into the
            body shop for a "Full Restoration". All the panels, hood, doors, fenders, trunk, bumbers, grilles, healights,all glass, etc, were removed and restored in the original Zinnerberrot with 3 clear coats at a cost of $17,000.00 by a shop that does exclusively all BMW only bodywork. I will of course, by now, be buried in it when I die by my wife.
            sigpic
            4DAFUN
            Eric Adams
            Portland, Oregon

Comment

• Also had my cecotto from new september 1989,now with 43000 miles on the clock [longer than the wife and kids] but have just built a second e30 m3 track car over the last year as i felt guilty thrashing the cecotto.

Comment

• One week and three days and I'm loving it as much as I thought I would!

Comment

• Hey,
                  Bought mine in 1990 with 2k on it. It's an '89 with 36k miles. All original (tires as well!) Had it off the road for a few years.

Comment

• sounds like fun..................

Comment

• Since 1998, actually this one since 1999. The first one died a horrible death. As you can probably tell from my screen name I'll own this car forever.
                      sigpic

Comment

• This is my story.

Always wanted one since 88. Fresh out of HS but couldn't afford it. Payed cash in late 94 with well below 30 on the clock, second owner. an NYPD officer was the first owner.

Its been happily driven as far as Monterrey/Saltillo Mexico and back to Jersey. Its been through, NY,NJ,CT,PA,VA,TN,AL,GA,LA,TX and MX smiles all the way.

It was orginally a DS car but I always wanted a blue, so it became so. I painted it Midnight Blue with the spare time I had on the weekends. HOK color, but nothing fancy.

That was before I joined S14. I may of thought twice about the color change if I had joined here first, but then again I'm not to concerned with resale value.

I enjoy it for what it is.

L.

Comment

• I have had mine for around 13 years now and I am the second owner. When the dealer I bought the car off of collected it, he told me that it sat next to a 911 turbo in a heated garage, the 911 was used for everyday stuff and that the M3 was kept for special occasions. Well done that man for treating it with such respect.
                          sigpicJake Howard
                          Quality Contemporary Wall Mounted & Floor Standing Sculptures.

ArtsApart.co.uk

Comment

• ...at a cost of $17,000.00 by a shop that does exclusively all BMW only bodywork. I will of course, by now, be buried in it when I die by my wife.
                            4DAFUN-

Haven't heard from you in awhile. Your wife hasn't buried you in the M prematurely, I hope! I'm sure my car and I will be right there with ya one day.

M
                            Mark

"She'll hold together. Hear me, baby? Hold together!" -- Han

Comment

• I've owned an E30 ever since I was 15 but I got the M3 when I was 19. And yes... I too will never sell my car... Ever.... NOT EVEN IF THERE'S A FIRE! (lol Step Brothers quote just in case you've ever seen it).
                              Last edited by Stranger941; 09-09-2009, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• I owned an e30 325is from 1997-2006, but I've owned my e30 M3 only about a month now! I couldn't stand being without an e30 any longer.
                                I'M MORE FUN WITH MY TOP DOWN
                                99 M - Palmetto Green / Kyalami Orange; 97 M3 - Hellrot / Black; 88 M3 - Alpinweiss / Red. My Web Site

Comment

Working...
                                X