No announcement yet.

Recaro SRD seat brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard from a couple of sources that running the wedge bracket with no sliders is the lowest possible configuration but you lose the abilitity to adjust the seat back and forth. , i hope this is true because i plan on ordering my set at the end of the month.

Comment

what is unatural about the wedge brackets??
      I think they feel unautural because they put the seat in a position that makes me feel like I'm being catapulted out of the seat. Even with the sliders at a reclined setting.

I just need it sit lower on the floor because it's more natural feeling for me

Comment

i've got the wedge brackets with recaro sliders in my car. i am 6'1" and bang my head once in a while. i would imagine a helmet would be a problem for me. the main thing i don't like about the wedge bracket and recaro slider is that the setup looks like shit to me. it has an unfinished, unappealing look.

i bought the recaro brackets that require breaking down the factory brackets for parts and will be installing them soon. i had these about 10 years ago in my first m3 and remember not having any clearance issues. we'll see i guess.

mark

Ruining Motorsport one M3 at a time...

Comment

ok, heres the deal with wedge brackets. they are the only manufacture in the usa. they supply the brackets to all companys for all seat brands. even if sold through a different name. i.e, if you buy srd's or any other seat the brackets sold by the seat maker are wedge's brackets. its as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by douglasm View Post
            ok, heres the deal with wedge brackets. they are the only manufacture in the usa. they supply the brackets to all companys for all seat brands. even if sold through a different name. i.e, if you buy srd's or any other seat the brackets sold by the seat maker are wedge's brackets. its as simple as that.
            Wrong!!! I purchased recaro brackets which are not made by wedge because they came straight from Z Germans. So wedge does not make all the brackets sold
            Drive it like you stole it!

Comment

speedware motorsports out of Washington fabricates/sells these brackets, I am using them with my srds. They also have sliders. http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/...mw-e30-bracket

Comment

Iam look for a set recaro brackets and just missed two that came up for sale on R3V for less than half the going price of 185. I've seen all the aftermarket ones and want to use my stock slider and have the provisions of using the rod in the back of the seat for added support and stability. The recaro bracket seems pretty easy to replicate I just need to find someone to waterjet the brackets and weld them to a square steel piece. It doesn't seem to be that difficult and way less cheaper than what they retail for. Since I already have one it either this route or getting them from recaro so both seats sit the same way. I like massive's design but they don't have the provisions for the rear seat rod and are raked back so they won't match my other seat when mounted. If anyone has one for sale pm me.
                Drive it like you stole it!

Comment

I use stock sliders on massive design brackets, everything is bolt on and it sits pretty low. My be worth considering.
                  Godspeed,
                  John A.
                  "If your ship doesnt come in, swim to it..."

M3 e30 2.5L | R8 v8 6mt | 996 GT3 mk1 | Integrale Evo Martini 6 | Dallara F303/4 Toms | Defender 90 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by jlasuncion View Post
                    I use stock sliders on massive design brackets, everything is bolt on and it sits pretty low. My be worth considering.
                    X2.. I have that setup with my Recaro SRs and love the feel and look..
                    sigpic

1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Working...
                    X