Whats your car cost so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I paid 12.5k for my car...
    I think I am around $30k now, seeing as I just blew another $2k on an MAF, Shricks, camber mounts, and injectors...

in the end, who cares. I see this as a healthy hobby, and its worthwhile spending money on it. My car is fun, its fast, and I love it, so that's enough for me :cool:
    Ryan G. MotorWorks

'72 2002tii Inka/Black (Restoring- then FS)
    '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
    '04 Mini Cooper S 6spd White/Black
    http://www.ryangmw.com

Comment

Purchase: $5500
      Initial parts: $800 (Bilsteins included)
      Parts over 2yrs: $600 (est; h20 pump, sensors, wires...)
      Tires: $500
      Paint supplies: $1000 (in house; DuPont)

So... round about $8.5k Wow. I need to get spending. Of course that doesn't include insurance and gas and all that jazz, but I don't count those since any car would cost me something in that range. Oh, and there's no labor costs in that since it's all "in house" so to speak. Still, $8.5k seems low, I'm going to say it's probably more like $9k+. And that said I'm still driving a stock car, most of you have some major mods. It's running like a champ right now though at 134k miles, for under $10k I'd say I'm doing pretty damn well. I've got about $5k that I could "invest" in it too, but I'm resisting the urge with all my will-power.

Happy motoring, I've got about a week left before the snow gets here. I swear I get an extra 10hp just because the temp is fluttering around 40F
      Last edited by Beau; 11-17-2003, 07:36 AM.

Comment

I added it up 2 years ago right before tunningwerks, it was around 28k. I haven't wanted to keep track since

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
        they are not idiots.

Comment

One question: are 48mm throttle bodies really worth getting? I don't really see how they would improve performance enough to merit the cost. So far my car is stock so I can't really contribute to this discussion, but some of you guys have a lot invested!
          Boxy is foxy

1988 BMW E30 M3 2.5L
          1985 Renault R5 Turbo 2

Comment

Originally posted by T2E30
            One question: are 48mm throttle bodies really worth getting? I don't really see how they would improve performance enough to merit the cost. So far my car is stock so I can't really contribute to this discussion, but some of you guys have a lot invested!
            It totally depends on the state of tune of the engine. If you have a 2.5L bottom end with higher duration cams, the larger TBs will definitely give you better numbers, especially if you have alpha N or MAF intake system. Even on a 2.3L with a similar setup, the 48MM TBs will give you a nice increase as well. It is my opinion that money is better spent on the intake setup including TBs, then an exhaust system... We all know that the S14 likes to breathe!!

On your stock S14, the TBs are probably not the part of the intake that is limiting your system.

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
            97 Porsche Carrera S
            13 Audi S6
            SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
            GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Man...too much. Probably around $30K+ went into this car. But I love it, so who cares?

Comment

damn you like bringing up the old and dead threads dont ya

Comment

Nah man...I was running a search for a E3 wing and saw this thread.

Comment

Car: $7800
                    Paint:$1700
                    misc service: $1500 (clutch kit, driveshaft, guibo, volt regulator, pan gaskets, etc etc)

upgrades: about $5K

Grand total: $15.5K

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

agreed on the part about this being a hobby, and who cares about the money!!! i know it sounds low-ballish, and almost a sin to e30 m3 owners, but im making myself forget about the fact that its a rare bmw (motorsports history etc). all this car is to me right now (and all it can afford to be) is a reliable A to B transportation tool. the borg said it best: "resistance is futile" and the hp bug is buzzing in my ear....

car: $7700

misc maintenance: $700

mods: what are mods? all ive done is grab a jim c chip $90 swap my airbag wheel for a non-airbag wheel, and switch my check panel (under $100). and oh yeah i have u.s. ellips now.
                      1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

My wife keeps that list PRIVATE...

Everytime the UPS truck drives up, she tallies it up... There are some things that I tell her that I only paid 50% for like my suspension.. "Yeah Honey, The Koni's and H&R Springs were only about $200.00"..

Ha!
                        Richie
                        In an Embassy Somewhere..

91 M3 - SOLD but not forgotten (to J.R. Nagy)
                        03 Land Cruiser with the works
                        06 Royal Enfield 350

Comment

Originally posted by BMWLOCO
                          My wife keeps that list PRIVATE...

Everytime the UPS truck drives up, she tallies it up... There are some things that I tell her that I only paid 50% for like my suspension.. "Yeah Honey, The Koni's and H&R Springs were only about $200.00"..

Ha!
                          Tell her you can't put a price on Love!

My ex would never tell me the real prices of her shoes or purses, so I returned the courtesy!

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
                          97 Porsche Carrera S
                          13 Audi S6
                          SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
                          GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

oh boy, this can get depressing, my S3 cost me in excess of 30 K euros also my marriage, my wife left me over the money i spent on it, she got the house too, so it was VERY expensive in the long run.

car was worth it tho.....

Comment

I think I'm over $45k now all in and I haven't even got a 2.5L yet or the suspension I want LOL.

No point in being the richest man in the graveyard! :p
                              "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

Comment

no idea what the stuff costs, probably a few dollars.

but getting a divorce and selling a house for an M3
                                you must be the ultimate m3 addict. well almost,
                                you know, Jake sleeps with his M3 he has it stacked
                                up in little neat boxes, part for part. So his car is not
                                only clean, its dissassembled and hermitically sealed, part
                                for part.

hmm, Jake, why not bring your new M3 shell into the
                                living room and put it together there? you might have
                                to knock out a wall to get it back out, but no big deal right?

John

Comment

Working...
                                X