• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PostmasterNY View Post
    $12k for original car

$40k resto / rebuild / mods / new parts

$52k:peekaboo:
    Woah! props :OMG:

I think I'm on the road to that figure..
    1988 E30 M3 / 2003 E46 M3 (Alpine White / Black) M Power!

Comment

So far..and it's only been 7 months owning a car that a TON of money was dumped into by the PO..I'm in at 14K. Not a bad deal! (for me). The seller would think otherwise most likely..
      I spend all my money on beer, cars, guitars, and women....the rest is just wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by JYeo View Post
        Woah! props :OMG:

I think I'm on the road to that figure..

yeah......props to my life being on hold while i pay the bills for the past 2 years plus 1.
        JAMES
        sigpic

Comment

I paid $12,500 for the car and I've put probably $8-10k on top of that....wow, when you look at it, the numbers get scary. A big chunk of my costs are for the wheels though. I am looking to start the motor work in the next year or so...and that is when my number will go up ever so slightly

Comment

Archie, if you like spending a lot of money I have a OEM spark plug tool sitting on my shelf......:fyeah:
            Last edited by UweM3; 07-26-2010, 05:01 AM.

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

Originally posted by UweM3 View Post
              Archie, if you like spending a lot of money I have a OEM spark plug tool sitting on my shelf......:fyeah:
              I just dropped money on one, still sitting in the shipping packaging. Scary, we're E30 M3
              pack rats collecting all the rare pieces. Will never use it as I already have the Snap-On
              tool.

Comment

I am enjoying this thread!

I have to laugh though because it lay dormant for 5 years until I found it an decided to comment on the ridiculous amounts of money that can be spent on these things by those of us who love them.

Keep it up, great thread

Cheers,
                Bill
                William Buchanan
                '91 M3
                Bastos/Castrol DTM Tribute
                259000 miles and still an immense pleasure to drive.
                "The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about, or choose to ignore"

Comment

approx 4700 or $7500 and only driven 500 miles this year
                  Craig

1990 M3 Sport Evo

2006 VW Golf R32

Comment

hello,

recently bought (3 months ago) one for US$ 16,000 with 80,000 km... already dropped US$ 6,000 mostly in replacement parts... believe i will keep it as stock as possible...
                    2011 Nissan GTR Black (SOLD)
                    1986 BMW E30 M3 Euro Spec MT Silver
                    2002 BMW E46 M3 Euro Spec MT Silver
                    2010 Nissan Frontier Turbo Diesel AT Silver
                    2011 Land Rover Discovery AT Gray

Comment

Originally posted by venom79 View Post
                      hello,

recently bought (3 months ago) one for US$ 16,000 with 80,000 km... already dropped US$ 6,000 mostly in replacement parts... believe i will keep it as stock as possible...
                      $ 9,500 as of today....
                      2011 Nissan GTR Black (SOLD)
                      1986 BMW E30 M3 Euro Spec MT Silver
                      2002 BMW E46 M3 Euro Spec MT Silver
                      2010 Nissan Frontier Turbo Diesel AT Silver
                      2011 Land Rover Discovery AT Gray

Comment

6grand for car
                        7k for cams and tuning and roll cage,
                        then 30k for new 2.5 and tons of go fast goodies
                        $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in tires
                        3500 for 5 custom bbs LMs
                        now more $$$ for s54 swap!
                        and way more to list but not necessary,
                        (my roommate bought his e30 m3 w/vac 2.5 for less than i paid for my 2.5 engine assembly)

would i do it all again...... HELL YES!
                        nothing better than pulling from an e46 m3 on the track with a VAC stage 3 2.5
                        now its going to shit-n-git with the s54

Comment

Over $45k at this stage ..... with $15k+ FI rebuild already underway and an AST 4200 setup on order.....sheeeeesh.

But I love it :heart:

Az :chug:

oh...and a BBK front setup ordered.

LMAO.... Think this'll be a fairly exciting package for the money spent?
                          Last edited by Az in Oz; 12-03-2010, 03:01 PM.

"But most of all...
                          ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

Personally, I think you are headed right down the right track LOL! Enjoy!
                            [peace]
                            William Buchanan
                            '91 M3
                            "The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about, or choose to ignore"

Comment

Tell me more about your experience with the AST setup.

Az

"But most of all...
                              ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

Originally posted by Az in Oz View Post
                                Tell me more about your experience with the AST setup.

Az
                                Az,
                                I ended up buying Jack Money's AST 4300 set up off his race car with only a few hours on it. Do I really need a 3 way adjustable damper set? No, but it was a good deal, and I enjoy the learning curve of messing with the system. I think the AST 4200's are the way to go for those that want more than a single adjustable. I had the Dinan sport suspension with the single adjustable Koni's for about 10 years and loved it for Daily driving. I was also looking at the AST 4200's until Jack advertised his 4300's. The car is pretty stiffly sprung with this suspension on it for street driving, but the plan is for mostly track use at this point. Probably my biggest surprise was how much it lowered the car and how little droop the suspension has. But it did come off his fully prepared race car, and so far I am happy with it. If the current "feel" on the street is any indication of how it will handle on the track, I'm pretty excited to give it a go.

The idea was to get the car on the track this last summer and get the suspension set up, but a medical emergency and resulting surgery sidelined me for the duration of the summer. Thus I can't give you an in depth discussion yet. I will try and do a write up in an appropriate suspension thread at the end of this next summer.

The plan now is to play with it on the track this coming summer and get it dialed in and decide if I like the spring rates or want to soften them up a bit. I have done a fair amount of street driving this last spring and fall, and like the feel of the suspension combined with all the other undercarriage upgrades.

Running a remote reservoir nitrogen charged system has been an eye opener and an education :gotcha:

You can have a look at pics here if you want. Near the bottom of the album with the undercarriage rebuild.

http://picasaweb.google.com/otterbuns/My91M3#

Cheers!
                                William Buchanan
                                '91 M3

Comment

Working...
                                X