Whats your car cost so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Schnitzer View Post
    oh boy, this can get depressing, my S3 cost me in excess of 30 K euros also my marriage, my wife left me over the money i spent on it, she got the house too, so it was VERY expensive in the long run.

car was worth it tho.....
    That's hardcore. I can't wait to get this car!
    sigpic

Comment

$15k for the car, $4k to get it running. Fuelpumps $800 New wheels and tires $1500. Just ordered the clearance stoptech big brake kit from TM... so about to pass $10k in accessories in about 2 months.

Does anyone have a cardboard box I can live in?

Comment

Oh no.....

You guys don't want to know what it's cost...

let;s just say that it;s more than anyone else on here has posted so far. ...

by a LOT. I mean a LOT.

Car acquisition, 10 years of racing, how many race engines?, how much race gas?, how many tires? towing, entry fees, lodging, maintenance/repairs,

for example, when we built the M3T engine, which was built to the limit of the rules, there was $4000 on coatings alone.

I'm not telling the total number. It's a lot. But it is now a Supertouring car.
        Last edited by JS154; 11-04-2011, 04:37 AM.
        sigpic
        2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion
        2011, 2013 SCCA Runoffs Super Touring Under 3.0L Bronze Medalist
        2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year
        2012 SCCA Northeast Divisional STU Champion
        2015 SCCA Runoffs STU Polesitter

Comment

Oh no.....

You guys don't want to know what it's cost...

let;s just say that it;s more than anyone else on here has posted so far. ...

by a LOT. I mean a LOT.

Car acquisition, 10 years of racing, how many race engines?, how much race gas?, how many tires? towing, entry fees, lodging, maintenance/repairs,

for example, when we built the M3T engine, which was built to the limit of the rules, there was $4000 on coatings alone.

I'm not telling the total number. It's a lot. But it is now a Suepertouring car, and one of the fastest 2.3L E30M3's on the planet. Certainly much more than the street car with a full interior, roll cage, stiff springs and shocks and racing tires and brake pads that it started out as...and was up until 2 years ago.
          sigpic
          2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion
          2011, 2013 SCCA Runoffs Super Touring Under 3.0L Bronze Medalist
          2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year
          2012 SCCA Northeast Divisional STU Champion
          2015 SCCA Runoffs STU Polesitter

Comment

I bought mine for $11k with 180k miles, caged and mostly stripp, and a tired stock 2.3l to boot.

Many times over that amount to get it to where it is now. Such is the nature of this addictive hobby that sucks out every dollar bill from your wallet.

I totally hear what Eric is saying above although my car is not as developed as his...
            sigpic

Comment

I am glad I'm not the only one. In the last 2 years I bought 2 E30 M3s both total costing nearly 30 grand and another 15-20K fixing them up and repairing things that needed attention. And you know what? I'd do it over and over again. I honestly don't mind spending my hard earned money on these cars. Not one bit.
              1987 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16 Euro
              1988 BMW M3 (Diamantschwarz) 4/87 build
              1988 BMW M3 (Alpineweiss I) 12/87 build
              1995 BMW M3 (Dakar Yellow I) SOLD
              2001 BMW M5 (Titanium Silver)
              2003 BMW M3 (Titanium Silver)

Comment

Hoping to be in at around 30K or under when I have the car the way I want it. Wheels some minor paint work and some do-dads are all in process so I guess its stay tuned. Seems not too scary if you buy the right car.

$23k for the car (91 1 owner 79000miles)
                Drew
                1991 E30 ///M3 Brilliantrot
                1989 Toyota 4Runner Red
                2005 Lamborghini Gallardo 6spd Argento Luna Metallic
                2011 Audi TTS Ibis White Stage I

Comment

Hmmm......
                  I paid 22,000 dollars for my '91 with 82,000 miles back in 1996. Nice to see prices back up in the same ballpark.:cheer2:
                  William Buchanan
                  '91 M3
                  Bastos/Castrol DTM Tribute
                  259000 miles and still an immense pleasure to drive.
                  "The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about, or choose to ignore"

Comment

It doesn't matter because I get paid next week once again and to be honest I have actually lost count in the past 21 years.
                    Just when I thought I was done with cars, they pull me back in......:drive:

Comment

• Do not ask

Comment

• stop counting after $26k

Comment

• Mine is worth prolly like 20k i think i dont know...it has 151 ,000 an runs like a rape date..still pulls strong..need cf airbox tho...

Comment

• Car - $14K
                            Parts - many, many thousands
                            Labour - all mine at $0/hr
                            Value - priceless

I did it because I could. As the old saying goes, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

No regrets.

Comment

• About $66.000 so far
                              1987 BMW M3 E30

S50B32 swap thread http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43515

Comment

• I have 2 320is.
                                The first is near stock and cost me near 5.000 euro to buy it and other near 4000 euro in pieces in the last 3 years.
                                The second it's going to be 2.5L and cost me near 3000 euro to buy it with broken engine (but the car is very very good) + near 7000 euro to rebuilt the engine to 2.5L with Evo3 crank, Schrick cams, forged pistons, H rods, many new engine parts, and other performance pieces for near 250/260Hp. I have to put also a 1.9 Z3 steering rack (already bought), new suspensions, front Brembo brakes (from a Porsche Boxster 2.5/2.7) (already bought), and 15" wheels and tyres (now it has 14") so I think other 2500 euro. I think I will sell the first to pay something of the scond, how much money !!! But I think/I hope it will be one of the best 320is on the planet. [It's a rare model with the 9 botton computer as M3].

Comment

Working...
                                X