Dreambuild! My 1990 E30 M3 restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use https://imgbb.com/ for photos.

Re engine, if I had the opportunity to swap again I would go for an S54, more power, torque, and aftermarket support.

Otherwise if you have the funds, the s14 will clearly be a nice choice too.

Look forward to the resto.

Comment

S54 is still a dark horse but I did that swap in an e36 track car so I think the s14 is still the move. Letting go of my Daytona slicktop e36 M3 to focus on this if any of you are interested! Inbox me.

Comment

Hi all! I’ve decided to stay w/ the s14 and build out to the 2.5

Comment

I spent some time on the paint recently and surprisingly a lot of it came back! Still planning on a respray but it was really enjoyable to see the paint clean up

Comment

Hi everyone!

the machine shop just came back with great news that the block and crank came back solid on the s14 so we are moving forward.

I am looking to have a fun and reliable street build so after consulting and reading, I believe I’ll be going with the 284/276 cam and 11:1. Not sure on rods and I’m being told the standard cf intake and “max unit” from john is great.

car is going up for paint as well this weekend.

do you all have a brand you recommend for brilliant red?

Comment

Hi Patrick,
              Good news on your engine and your polish up job is working well.
              Your engine will go really good with your 2.5 crankshaft and the cams you selected, bit of a jigsaw
              putting it all back together since you did not pull it apart but it will be an enjoyable journey.

E30 M3 1987
              Mini Clubman GT
              BMW E36 323 Msport
              Toyota Corona
              KTM 200EXC
              Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave @nz View Post
                Hi Patrick,
                Good news on your engine and your polish up job is working well.
                Your engine will go really good with your 2.5 crankshaft and the cams you selected, bit of a jigsaw
                putting it all back together since you did not pull it apart but it will be an enjoyable journey.
                Thanks Dave!

I pulled the trigger on the cams this afternoon and I’ll be going 11.25:1 pistons. Looking to close a deal once carbon box and alpha N tonight and set of PL2 0320 injectors as well!

Also! Appreciate the kind words on the polish but I caved and it’s off to paint this weekend haha

Comment

Working...
                X