Kosei K1 17x8.5 ET40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kosei K1 17x8.5 ET40

Is anyone running this wheel? If so, are you also running a spacer? If yes, what size spacer? 20mm? I am looking for some 17 inch track wheels and Tirerack has these. I checked with Bimmerowrld and the APEX ARC 8 wheels are not in stock. Thanks.

-Sean

I'm running them with a 15-16mm spacer. A 20mm spacer would work as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwdayz View Post
      Thanks, appreciate it. I assume that you are generally happy with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post

Thanks, appreciate it. I assume that you are generally happy with them?
        I am, They're super light. One thing I should mention is my car isn't super low. I do have coil overs but my strut housing aren't shortened. I'm running 245/40's Nankang Ar-1's without rubbing.

Comment

Great, thanks. Do you know if they are hub centric for our cars or do you need to run a ring?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
            Great, thanks. Do you know if they are hub centric for our cars or do you need to run a ring?
            e36 Kosei's have the same hub bore as e30 M3's. So get which ever MM spacer you decide and make sure it's e30/e36 hub bore diameter. No need to get a hub centric ring if your running a spacer.

Comment

• Sean
              Sean commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks very much!

Koseis great track wheel. Have had many sets with no issues.

Apex out of stock everywhere in 17in e30m3 size. According to apex, no plans to make them again in near future.

I got the last set of 17in team dynamics wheels in e30m3 size from Bimmerworld last week. None of those are going to be in stock again either.
            75 M2
            88 M3

Comment

• Sean
              Sean commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks very much!

Thanks very much. -Sean

e36 Kosei's have the same hub bore as e30 M3's. So get which ever MM spacer you decide and make sure it's e30/e36 hub bore diameter. No need to get a hub centric ring if your running a spacer.

Comment

I have a set of Apex wheels I would sell. E30 M3 fitment. Not sure they would clear the BBK without a spacer thou. I'm thinking, Apex E36 fitment would be ideal for you. 17 x 8.5" with 20et spacer is VERY AGGRESSIVE. You might be better off with 17 x 8" or even 17 x 7.5" front and 17 x 8.5" rear with square tire setup.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

• Sean
                Sean commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks very much!

bmwdayz - I am curious how you are running a 8.5" wide wheel in ET40 with a spacer and not get any interference with the lower spring perch or the spring. A 15mm spacer nets you ET25 and a 16mm spacer nets you ET24. I don't see how either would work even with coil overs. Especially if you are running a 245 tire. 8" wide wheels usually need a minimum of ET22.

Pictures might help me.

I am looking at the same Kosei wheel (17x8.5 ET40) from Tire Rack and don't want to order something that doesn't fit.

Thanks.
              1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

bmwdayz - I am curious how you are running a 8.5" wide wheel in ET40 with a spacer and not get any interference with the lower spring perch or the spring. A 15mm spacer nets you ET25 and a 16mm spacer nets you ET24. I don't see how either would work even with coil overs. Especially if you are running a 245 tire. 8" wide wheels usually need a minimum of ET22.

Pictures might help me.

I am looking at the same Kosei wheel (17x8.5 ET40) from Tire Rack and don't want to order something that doesn't fit.

Thanks.

I'm running GC Coil Overs without shortened Strut housings. I can snap a few pictures of my setup tomorrow for you to see.

Comment

I can snap a few pictures of my setup tomorrow for you to see.
                  If you could I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

Working...
                  X