• Show
Clear All

• ugelli193
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you!

• Konig
    replied
    Originally posted by ugelli193 View Post
    For anyone interested, here’s the outcome. Kanseei KNP 17x9 et35 with 20mm spacers all around (effective offset of 15) wrapped in Yokohama Advan Fleva V701. Ground Control conversion kit, Ground Control touring camber plates, Bilstein sport shocks, Eibach 83906/GC150.64.66 springs front, M3 race springs rear. Minimal if any rubbing noticed so far under no load.
    Good data point and I love how they look!

Leave a comment:

• ugelli193
    commented on 's reply
    Forgot to state tire size, 235/40/17

• ugelli193
    replied
    For anyone interested, here’s the outcome. Kanseei KNP 17x9 et35 with 20mm spacers all around (effective offset of 15) wrapped in Yokohama Advan Fleva V701. Ground Control conversion kit, Ground Control touring camber plates, Bilstein sport shocks, Eibach 83906/GC150.64.66 springs front, M3 race springs rear. Minimal if any rubbing noticed so far under no load.

Leave a comment:

• ugelli193
    replied
    Originally posted by Konig View Post

Are those wheels made in our bolt pattern?
    Yes they offer a 5x120 with 72.56mm hubbore.

Leave a comment:

• Konig
    replied
    Originally posted by ugelli193 View Post
    Thanks for the comments/data points. That’s all I was looking for, not I debate of form vs function. I’ll be the first to admit I do not track or daily my car.

For anyone wondering, I’m looking at Kansei KNP wheels In bronze as it has a similar look as some of the old school rally wheels and also has a step lip, which I believe looks great on these cars. I know there are alternative and more reputable brands around here but that’s beside the point.
    Are those wheels made in our bolt pattern?

Leave a comment:

• ugelli193
    commented on 's reply
    Love the car btw, very similar look to what I have in mind. Thanks for sharing

• ugelli193
    replied
    Thanks for the comments/data points. That’s all I was looking for, not I debate of form vs function. I’ll be the first to admit I do not track or daily my car.

For anyone wondering, I’m looking at Kansei KNP wheels In bronze as it has a similar look as some of the old school rally wheels and also has a step lip, which I believe looks great on these cars. I know there are alternative and more reputable brands around here but that’s beside the point.

Leave a comment:

• M-technik-3
    commented on 's reply
    This was at full lock. Car was lowered on H&R Nurburgring coilovers so low.

• mwagner10702
    replied
    ugelli193 - You didn't mention what wheels you are considering, but ECS has these in stock. I mention them as they are 8x17 ET20. A 235 tire will fit on the wheel and the wheel will fit without any spacers.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-team-dyn....2-78020q-mkt/

Leave a comment:

• mlytle
    replied
    Because it is apparently more about form than actual function.

Leave a comment:

• HANDBLT
    replied
    why the heck are you guys lowering your cars? You do know that totally changes the way the suspension and steering that we covet in these cars so much, to change and be much worse? I run my car at stock ride height and rake and it handles so much better than a lowered car

T

Leave a comment:

• craz azn
    replied
    As an additional data point, I too run 235/40 on a 17x9. Also e36 fitment wheels, I believe it is et30. But I run it up front paired with a 20mm spacer for an effective offset of 10. This only works with significant negative camber, which will drive horrible when utilized on the street. And yes, beyond one full turn on the steering wheel, the tires do rub the fender liners significantly. I never turn completely full lock as it would squish my brake ducts, and the GC sway bar link heims don't really allow significant travel either (on the to do list to replace).
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• evommm
    replied
    I know that the 17x 9 wheel is the problem Front only besides This car was is designed for rapid tracking what is the sense if you start rubbing and cause damage to the wheels or the suspension Points At full gallop?
    is it just to look cool? Look I have 7 sets of rims 2 sets of bbs rs 16,1 set in 17,1 set M5 turbines,1 set m5 throwing star,OZ mitos17,1 set 88M5 16 over the years I’ve owned it the best compromise has been the the 16’ bbs rs but tire choice is limited
    good luck with your choice
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• Ironhead
    replied
    I have run 235/40-17 in the front for more than a decade with zero rubbing, no rolled fenders. You just have to get the offset right, and use steering rack stops. I am running E36 fitment wheels, 38mm offset IIRC, with a 16mm spacer. So effective offset is something like 22mm.

I made no attempt to eliminate tire/fender gap or anything like that. That might well change the game. My car is lowered roughly 1" from stock, and I personally would go no further if you want to drive the car.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X