Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACT Germany 7.5JX16H2 Wheels - Story? Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACT Germany 7.5JX16H2 Wheels - Story? Value?

Hi, I'm not a huge "wheel guy", but snagged some OEM basket weaves for my '88, and took these OFF.

They aren't smashed up, and have date code 2005 tires on them...But, besides that, look like their in decent shape.

What are the story on these? Are they basically some sort of BBS knock off? Or? Seems a few have sold on eBay or etc. but can't find a ton of definitive info.

I assume the '93' on them means build year?

I don't have enough memory for photos lol

use imgbb or Flickr for photo hosing. ACT/Ronal were, and still are, a quality wheel manufacturer (formerly made in DE, now produced in PL). post pictures!
    Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3 M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
      use imgbb or Flickr for photo hosing. ACT/Ronal were, and still are, a quality wheel manufacturer (formerly made in DE, now produced in PL). post pictures!

Ok, let's see if I did this right. https://vintagecarskenny.imgbb.com

Can you see them?

Comment

yup, that worked.

those are a set of ACT/Ronal LS wheels. 16x7.5, et25. '93' production date. they're a great looking wheel on the old cars. i've had several sets of those over the years. if you have the center caps, it'll make them a lot more desirable!

Comment

yup, that worked.

those are a set of ACT/Ronal LS wheels. 16x7.5, et25. '93' production date. they're a great looking wheel on the old cars. i've had several sets of those over the years. if you have the center caps, it'll make them a lot more desirable!

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'll look and see if I have the caps, I don't think so though

Comment

I have centers for these if interested. Might help with sale if you don't have them.
            Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
              I have centers for these if interested. Might help with sale if you don't have them.
              Hi. Yes I’d be interested. Shoot me an email if you have a moment [email protected]

I’m pulling the tires off these tomorrow and dropping them off with my wheel guy. I’ll have him refinish them. Polished lip.

Comment

Sent email.
                Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

I always though those LS were always nice wheels, my brother has those on his E30M3. I have always liked them.
                  If I remember right they offered the LS in 15" x 8" back in the day.
                  I'm pretty sure thats what is on my brothers car.
                  jimmy p.
                  87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                  88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                  88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                  92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                  98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                  04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Still looking for centers if anyone has some. Thanks

Comment

would these fit for center caps? I’m having a hard time determine what will or will not work…
                      https://www.ebay.com/itm/264758665261

Comment

Originally posted by EThirtyinCT View Post

would these fit for center caps? I’m having a hard time determine what will or will not work…
                        https://www.ebay.com/itm/264758665261
                        they look like they are the same style. the only question is if the center diameter of your wheels, matches the center measurement the seller provided, of the center cap.

Comment

they look like they are the same style. the only question is if the center diameter of your wheels, matches the center measurement the seller provided, of the center cap.
                          Shoot. Guess I’m waiting then haha. I sent these out Friday to my refinisher. I’ll have to measure when they come back. I’m a bit leery of how well the refinish will turn out, but if these center caps are the same size, I’ll try to buy them. Thank you for the help!

Comment

Caps look like ones that would fit 14" ACT LS wheels not yours.
                            The wheel face, I.e. the spokes were 'diamond cut' after they were painted and then clear coated. That's how they came from Ronal.
                            I hope your wheel guy is able to replicate that (polishing the lips is not how they came originally)

I had a set of 8.5j x 16 ET19 on my first M3 and liked them a lot as they had a slightly wider lip than the 16" basketweaves for the M3 by BBS.

Next owner had the lips polished.BMW roundels for the center caps are smaller than the ACT emblems so you want to make sure that any center caps you buy have the emblems included

Comment

Originally posted by hardtailer View Post
                              Caps look like ones that would fit 14" ACT LS wheels not yours.
                              The wheel face, I.e. the spokes were 'diamond cut' after they were painted and then clear coated. That's how they came from Ronal.
                              I hope your wheel guy is able to replicate that (polishing the lips is not how they came originally)

I had a set of 8.5j x 16 ET19 on my first M3 and liked them a lot as they had a slightly wider lip than the 16" basketweaves for the M3 by BBS.

Next owner had the lips polished.BMW roundels for the center caps are smaller than the ACT emblems so you want to make sure that any center caps you buy have the emblems included
                              Great info. Thank you for that. I’m really not sure how good or bad they’re going to come out lol

i guess either will look good, but if they get polished they won’t be spec correct. Decisions

Comment

Working...
                              X