Got my wheels today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my wheels today!!

Look what showed up in the mail today!! Whoohoo! They look so much nicer in person I'm almost tempted not to put them on my car and use them as a coffee table. Any recommendations for good 16" tires?

What kind of BBS's are those?

They look really nice on an m3.

"Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
    original E30 M3ís main purpose in life was to
    win races on the track, not the street. It
    got the job done."

Comment

Man those are by far my absolute favorite on an M3. Nice buy. If you dont mind me asking where did you pick those up and for how much?

Comment

My neighbor is this little old lady who always sees me washing my car. She mentioned her late husband had some old parts and I could have them if I wanted.
        HAHA! Just kidding! Don't I wish. I got them from Markus!
        Last edited by motoyen; 05-27-2003, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Wow, those look cherry! I'm assuming those were refinished. Either way, a very classy wheel choice.

I also have new rims from Germany with no tires on them. My top tire choices are:
          1. Falken Azenis Sport (but they don't have my size)
          2. Goodyear F1 GS-D3 (perhaps not as sticky as the S03 but said to have superior predictability and feedback)
          3. Bridgestone Potenza S03 - (the established king of tires)
          4. Toyo Proxes T1-S
          5. Yoko ES100

Tell us when you choose a tire and how you like it?

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
          97 Porsche Carrera S
          13 Audi S6
          SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
          GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

I'm going get a set of yoko ES100's for my 16 inch tires. there cheap from tire rack

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
            they are not idiots.

Comment

Great looking wheels. Can't go wrong with those. Yeah, I'd get some of those Yoko ES100's that just came out, the price is excellent as well.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
              85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
              91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Sweet rims. As for tires, I've got the ES100's and really like them. Not the stickest tire available obviously, but great overall. Who needs the absolute best grip for the street anyway? Very quiet, predictable, better than usual treadwear, and the price is nice! I'd definitely recommend them for a street tire and the occasional autoX (I ran them once, but deep tread so I can't really can't evaluate them - besides I'm a bad driver so what does it matter).

Comment

Originally posted by ROB89M3
                  They look nice, but dont you think 16's are a bit too small for an upgrade ? (EVO III M3's came stock with 16's) I used to have 16's and upgraded to 18".
                  shutup

Comment

How well do ES100's handle in the wet? Remember I live in Vancouver where it rains 9 months out of the year.

Comment

Great in the wet, never hydroplaned... sometimes get oversteer, but who doesn't in the rain?

Comment

How much???

How much did you pay for them, anyone know where I could get a set, I live in the Toronto area.

Comment

Contact Markus on this board. That's who I got mine from and I am very happy with the deal.

Comment

I just gotta have some. I nearly bought a cab just because it had those on it. I am so glad I know where to get them now. I'm off to mail Markus.
                            Mike

Comment

If you want to be a real baller, Call up BBS-Japan and try to get the all new all-forged Super RS rims. They are exactly the same design as the original RS but use the same technology that went into the LMs. However, unlike the LMs, they are 3 piece rims like the original. I believe in Japan, they are more expensive than LMs as well. They look awesome though!

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
                              97 Porsche Carrera S
                              13 Audi S6
                              SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
                              GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Working...
                              X