Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS Type 5 Query

Hi all

those who have Type 5 BBS from e39 etc what spacer size are you using?

Reason i ask is i am using 15mm spacer hubcentric and the tyres rub on full lock with the plastic wing guard and the rear i cant really have passengers unless they weigh 0Stone/Lb :ha: .

If i take the spacers off, the front tyres lock on the hub (anti-rattle clip??), as this was the reason i got the 15mm hubcentric.

I have seen spacers size small as 3mm and 5mm, would this be safe, as they have no hubcentric lip?

15mm to big?3mm correct but safe to use?Does the tyre position correctly with 3mm spacers?

Thanks.:jakeguita

i use a 7mm hubcentric spacer and had is with ET20 style 5's, no inner liners but i couldn't see a problem with the liners.

Comment

Originally posted by martin View Post
      i use a 7mm hubcentric spacer and had is with ET20 style 5's, no inner liners but i couldn't see a problem with the liners.
      Hi martin

Thanks for reply, What do you mean inner liners? on the spacers the hubcentric lip/ring?

I assume this because a 7mm spacer would be to thin to have a lip/ring on it?

So it is OK? what is the anti-rattle clip? is it the spring/clip? that is located on the outside caliper, holds/springs the first pad into place?

Thanks.

Comment

inner liners = fender liners,
        anti-rattle clip = clip on the outside of caliper
        My 7mm spacers have a hub centric ring on them so fine, i also use wheel studs but that is for ease.

Comment

Though I really hate to say this. As the man says, "Use the search function". This topic has been covered many times in the past

Try this link http://www.s14.net/forums/search.php?searchid=20484

Comment

Working...
          X