Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prodrive sells wheels that look like that. They were pretty big in the S2000 community and the Subaru crowd. Not sure if the ones pictured are Prodrives, but they certainly look the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by bmw540i View Post
      PICS ON CAR !!!!!

Here's a test fit.

With blacked out cover.

With Alpina silver cover.

Current status of my Alpinas.

My brand new covers.

Another test fit.

Current status of my RSs.

Rey:jakeroutine:
      "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

• brother you have taste:OMG:

Comment

• A ton of WORK!

Here they are guys. Throwing stars with a polished lip. I stripped the paint the started sanding, starting with 100 then, 400, 800, 1000, 1200, and finally 1500.
          Then I rubbed them down with some P21s high gloss finish restorer and BLING!
          I was looking to buy a new set of wheels but after all this work and the way they turned out, I think I will just keep these!:fyeah:
          http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/DSC01364.jpg
          http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/DSC01363.jpg
          http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/DSC01362.jpg
          "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)

Comment

• Bling factor of Zero.
            But I like 'em!:jakeroutine:

Comment

• M10F01SD: I really like the white, are you going to have the caps painted too? How are you going to keep the logo? Or a better question would be how did you do the black centers?

Comment

• +1 on the black centers.:cycle:

Comment

• Originally posted by NSXM3 View Post
                  Bling factor of Zero.
                  But I like 'em!:jakeroutine:

Very purposeful. Nice
                  1986 Mercedes 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JNJ-qVPBkU

Comment

• Originally posted by nickkrush View Post
                    M10F01SD: I really like the white, are you going to have the caps painted too? How are you going to keep the logo? Or a better question would be how did you do the black centers?
                    Actually the "white" is bare metal. I stripped the old paint off & then sand blasted it for paint prep. The caps that I sourced out are brand new, so no those will not be painted. The black center cap in the pics was borrowed from a friend. I am looking for some caps to refinish in black as a backup set:duality:. <<< P.S. this smiley seems apropos.

Rey
                    "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

• Originally posted by ///M0F01SD View Post
                      Actually the "white" is bare metal. I stripped the old paint off & then sand blasted it for paint prep. The caps that I sourced out are brand new, so no those will not be painted. The black center cap in the pics was borrowed from a friend. I am looking for some caps to refinish in black as a backup set:duality:. <<< P.S. this smiley seems apropos.

Rey
                      Rey, The black caps look like a "wanta be" of the early Alpina wheels - they had black centers (no cap, exposed lugs) & a small hub sized center cap with a 50mm Alpina logo. You might want to paint the center of your wheel black, make up some mini center caps - then you could run them both ways (black centers or with silver caps mounted) depending on your mood.

The early wheels (black centers) did not have the small groove cast in. On the newer wheels, that is where the gasket goes, for the silver center caps to mount. You could set it up to go both ways (black wheel center, no cap & with silver center cap) without having to get an extra set of the "45 record sized" caps.

Jack
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cecotto_singh View Post
                        heres my wheels 9.5 by 16.

wow.. that's a big DOGGIE!
                        Have a nice day. :hi:

Comment

• BBS RSII 18x8.5 front and 18x9 rear
                          225-35-18 front 245-35-18 rear
                          Last edited by Robert; 11-17-2007, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Wow, Robert, looking sharp!
                            Dominic

Comment

• Robert:

All I can say is your car looks crisp!! Awesome!!!
                              Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
                              • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
                              • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
                              • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
                              • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
                              • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
                              • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
                              • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
                              • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
                              • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

• Here are mine..... vintage, forged, 3-pc BBS RS in 8/9 x 16" with 225/45 Yokos. Hmmmmm.... seems I can't upload images.

Comment

Working...
                                X