X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

latest set:
    "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
    "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
    onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

I'm running the same as Shahe. 17x8 BBS RC's ET38 with 18mm spacers. It seems that a lot of people has these wheels

Bryan K.
      Texas A&M Formula SAE

Comment

My rims weight 20kg incl. tires, that is 4kg more than stock 15".

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan
          I'm running the same as Shahe. 17x8 BBS RC's ET38 with 18mm spacers. It seems that a lot of people has these wheels

i love bbs rc's, they look really nice with a red e30 m3. but whats up with the bro? theyre bad in every way. they only protect a small portion of paint from fading, and in snow conditions they trap salt and make things worse. i could understand if you were trying to block rocks on the road, but its kinda like putting plastic over your couches when people come over let it all hang out!
          1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by aaronmjr
            i love bbs rc's, they look really nice with a red e30 m3. but whats up with the bro? theyre bad in every way. they only protect a small portion of paint from fading, and in snow conditions they trap salt and make things worse. i could understand if you were trying to block rocks on the road, but its kinda like putting plastic over your couches when people come over let it all hang out!
            Heh, I love that Seinfeld episode!

I agree with you completely, I never run with it on unless I am commuting from school to home (a couple hour journey). I had it on in that photo because I had just driven from home back to school. I use it to help prevent rock chips and bugs on the hood when on the long drive. Every other time I just throw it in the trunk. I'm a stickler about putting it on with a perfectly clean hood. We don't have salt or ice on the roads down here in Texas! All I have to worry about is the 112 degree summer heat with no A/C!

I haven't taken any pictures of my car in a long time, and that is all I have of recent times. I need to take some nicer pics
            Last edited by Bryan; 01-29-2004, 09:43 AM.
            Bryan K.
            Texas A&M Formula SAE

Comment

Hey Bryan, hows it going? Haven't talked in a while. How did the paint turn out? Did you ever get around to your interior? What else have you and Jeff done to your cars?

Mine is running quite well. A few minor things to finish up. It won the clean car concours back in September, got a really cool crystal trophy decanter set. I need to get some updated pics too.

Only problem is that we *might* decide to sell it at some point as we've had some huge medical bills come up that insurance is fighting us on. :( I'm gonna try and keep it, but keep your ears open if you hear of anyone local wanting one.

For the rest of you, here is the car with 16x8 SSR Integrals. They're about 15lbs, semi-forged, and seem very strong.

Later....

-Dave
              '89 M3 Diamondschwartz/Grey
              77K miles, full H&R/Bilstein/Ireland suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan(denmark)
                My rims weight 20kg incl. tires, that is 4kg more than stock 15".
                what rims?

the 17 inch bbs rc's are the same weight as the stock 15's with some nice tires compared to the junk stockers, a set of rc's wont increase any weight.
                "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan

Comment

I think he was refering to his 17" e36 m3 10-spokes that ADAM said were as heavy as his 18" simmons.

"Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
                  original E30 M3ís main purpose in life was to
                  win races on the track, not the street. It
                  got the job done."

Comment

It was my E36 M3 wheels I was referring to. Wish I could afford some OZ superleggera.

Comment

My new BBS rx's that will go on the car as soon as the motor is back in it...
                      1990 e30 m3

Comment

What track wheels to buy: 17X8.5 or 17X9

Well, my needs have changed so I need new wheels.

I have run BBS RK-017 (E36 Fitment, 17X8 ET40, 16.4lbs each) and own 14 of them. In fact, I think I popularized them somewhat about 4-5 years back, realizing that the RKs were [email protected] light and pretty cheap. Strong too. Looks aren't my favorite, but hey, function over form?...

Throw on a 20mm spacer and there's enough room (and some to spare) for an AP 6-pot and 343X28 disc.

So anyway, these wheels were what I chose to run the 245/40.17 Goodyear GSCSs, which speced fine on an 8" wide wheel.

Now I have a bunch of slicks: Michelin 24/62.17 S22 (Med Hard compound) and 250/610.17 Yokes (coming in). These need 8.5" or 9" wheels.

My requirements are that they have to be under 17 lbs per wheel and I'm not paying $500 for a wheel.

I was about to buy a dozen or so of the Kosei 17X8.5" E36 wheels, but it appears these were discontinued! They were only ~$230 each, too, so I'm quite disappointed.

So short of the Volk CE48N's, Fikse FM5s or Hart 035Rs (which are all more than I want to spend, because I'm buying 16 of the [email protected] things), what is a sub-17 lb 17X8.5-9"wheel that's cheap?

A.

Comment

I have run BBS RK-017 (E36 Fitment, 17X8 ET40, 16.4lbs each) and own 14 of them. In fact, I think I popularized them somewhat about 4-5 years back, realizing that the RKs were [email protected] light and pretty cheap. Strong too. Looks aren't my favorite, but hey, function over form?...
                          I agree the BBS RK is about the perfect wheel, except that it is so damn ugly! At least to me.

I am an OZ Superleggera fan. About the same weight as the RK, roughly the same price, quality construction. And to my eye the OZ is much better looking.

I am surprised you don't see more Superleggeras on our cars. I think it is because they are often associated with cars other than BMW, and don't seem as "right" on the M3 as BBS.

Comment

andrew, i agree with ironhead, superleggrea's are an excellent wheel. they are about 17 lbs in 17x8 form, so 85 or 9 shouldnt be too much more.

good luck.

Comment

Mrsha007....did you ever see the pick with the powder coated rims i posted for you? If not check my gallery

Comment

anyone seen these wheels before??

16" Milano Spoke(came when the car)

Comment

Working...
                                X