Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17" bbs think style 5's

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 17" bbs think style 5's

    Hi I have been offered a set of 17" BBS RC's 8" front and 9" rears.

    ET of the wheels are 8" fronts = 20. 9" rears = 26

    Tyres on the rims are 215x40x17 on the front and 245x35x17 on the rear.

    Will these wheels fit an e30 m3 without having to do any mods like rolling the arches. Also could anyone tell me what the ET is all about,

    Thanks

    Del.



    http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e.../bbsalloys.jpg

    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/IMG]

  • #2
    ET is offset of a wheel. The distance from the centerline of the wheel. Do a search
    online for "offset" and you can read up on the technical stuff.

    Wheels should be off a 5-series sport and those tires look like they are ready to be
    mounted on an E30 M3.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks

      Do these wheels need any spaces.

      Del

      Comment


      • #4
        You may need a small spacer in the front to clear the caliper clip. Sometimes, if the
        pads are worn you may get away without using one. Some people remove the clip,
        but there will be noise from the brakes.

        Comment


        • #5
          I believe the staggered sets were only available in Europe.

          The part number on the rear wheels should be 36 11 1 093 532 (Euro e39) or 36 11 1 182 306(Euro e32), both are 9J x 17:ET26. I'm not sure if there is a hub size issue or not with fitting those on the e30 M3.

          I have the [BBS RC009] 8JX17:ET10 Front & [BBS RC010] 9JX17:ET19 Rear from a Euro 850csi, this is my wheels fitted on a e30 M3 with 265/40 rear and 235/45 front tires.

          Must be logged in to view pics...














          Attached Files
          Last edited by speedminded; 12-27-2008, 02:03 PM.
          AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by speedminded View Post
            I believe the staggered sets were only available in Europe.

            The part number on the rear wheels should be 36 11 1 093 532 (Euro e39) or 36 11 1 182 306(Euro e32), both are 9J x 17:ET26. I'm not sure if there is a hub size issue or not with fitting those on the e30 M3.

            I have the [BBS RC009] 8JX17:ET10 Front & [BBS RC010] 9JX17:ET19 Rear from a Euro 850csi, this is my wheels fitted on a e30 M3 with 265/40 rear and 235/45 front tires.

            Must be logged in to view pics...
















            What?? No rolling of fenders? No hubcentric rings?? How did you do that.....The reason I'm asking b/c I was able to buy a real nice set of 8 X 17s recently for $500.
            Last edited by Das Boots; 12-27-2008, 04:20 PM.
            Lawrence

            BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
            '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
            '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
            '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
            '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
            '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
            '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

            Comment


            • #7
              9x17 ET 22 RC 038 = E34 series
              9x17 ET 26 RC ??? = e32 series
              9x17 ET 26 RC 091 = E39 series here are hub centric rings needed!
              9x17 ET 19 RC 010 = E31 series

              8x17 ET 20 RC 035 = e34 series
              8x17 ET 20 RC ??? = e32 series
              8x17 ET 20 RC 090 = e39 series here you need hub centric rings!
              8x17 ET 10 RC 009 = e31 series

              Markus
              Last edited by Markus; 12-27-2008, 09:01 PM.

              http://www.bmwm3shop.de

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by speedminded View Post
                I believe the staggered sets were only available in Europe.

                The part number on the rear wheels should be 36 11 1 093 532 (Euro e39) or 36 11 1 182 306(Euro e32), both are 9J x 17:ET26. I'm not sure if there is a hub size issue or not with fitting those on the e30 M3.

                I have the [BBS RC009] 8JX17:ET10 Front & [BBS RC010] 9JX17:ET19 Rear from a Euro 850csi, this is my wheels fitted on a e30 M3 with 265/40 rear and 235/45 front tires.

                Must be logged in to view pics...






                Your tires look a bit chunky. What size are those? I plan to get the same wheels but need more meaty tires for our roads here in Manila.

                Thanks!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Das Boots View Post
                  What?? No rolling of fenders? No hubcentric rings?? How did you do that.....The reason I'm asking b/c I was able to buy a real nice set of 8 X 17s recently for $500.
                  Nope, nothing....direct bolt on.
                  Originally posted by jpchan View Post
                  Your tires look a bit chunky. What size are those? I plan to get the same wheels but need more meaty tires for our roads here in Manila.

                  Thanks!
                  The tires are sized for a Euro 850csi, they're 265/40 rear and 235/45 front. I'm planning on going with a 245/35-17 rear and a 225/40-17 front.
                  AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Markus View Post
                    9x17 ET 22 RC 038 = E34 series
                    9x17 ET 26 RC ??? = e32 series
                    9x17 ET 26 RC 091 = E39 series here are hub centric rings needed!
                    9x17 ET 19 RC 010 = E31 series

                    8x17 ET 20 RC 035 = e34 series
                    8x17 ET 20 RC ??? = e32 series
                    8x17 ET 20 RC 090 = e39 series here you need hub centric rings!
                    8x17 ET 10 RC 009 = e31 series

                    Markus
                    Thanks for the models! I created this list on bimmerforums...

                    8JX17 ET:20 - 36 11 1 093 531

                    8JX18 ET:20 - 36 11 1 091 735

                    71/2JX17 ET:41 - 36 11 1 182 465 (e46)

                    8JX17 ET:10 - 36 11 1 181 887 (BBS RC009)

                    9JX17 ET:26 - 36 11 1 093 532

                    9JX18 ET:22 - 36 11 1 091 736

                    9JX17 ET:19 - 36 11 1 181 888 (BBS RC010)

                    8JX18 ET:20 - 36 11 1 093 533

                    9JX18 ET:24 - 36 11 1 093 534

                    9JX17 ET:26 - 36 11 1 182 306

                    8JX17 ET:20 - 36 11 1 182 217 (BBS RC035)

                    9JX17 ET:22 - 36 11 1 182 305 (BBS RC038)
                    Last edited by speedminded; 12-28-2008, 02:19 PM.
                    AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by speedminded View Post
                      Nope, nothing....direct bolt on.
                      The tires are sized for a Euro 850csi, they're 265/40 rear and 235/45 front. I'm planning on going with a 245/35-17 rear and a 225/40-17 front.
                      Wow! you got those to fit with no rubbing or fender rolling? I test fitted E34 M5 wheels with 235/45 front and 255/40 rear and those rubbed everywhere in my US version M3. I guess Euro models really have more clearance.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jpchan View Post
                        Wow! you got those to fit with no rubbing or fender rolling? I test fitted E34 M5 wheels with 235/45 front and 255/40 rear and those rubbed everywhere in my US version M3. I guess Euro models really have more clearance.
                        It's a US M3 with EVO lip, I was surprised they fit that well myself!
                        AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wheels have been fittted did need spacer on the front wheels. Get slight rubbing from the inner dirt shield may need to remove this.

                          The only thing i have noticed is that on the rear is that one of the wheel sits on a slight different angle than the other one.

                          Can the camber be adjusted or would i need to get the car 4 wheel aligned.

                          Thanks

                          Del.
                          Last edited by midz_uk; 12-28-2008, 09:40 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            For peace of mind on BBS Style 5s for E39.....how much is the running price of a good (no curb rash, scratches or bruises..but not polished with no peeling clear coat), not great in SoCal area? Or does it matter? Sorry to jack your thread......
                            Lawrence

                            BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
                            '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
                            '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
                            '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
                            '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
                            '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
                            '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Markus View Post
                              9x17 ET 22 RC 038 = E34 series
                              9x17 ET 26 RC ??? = e32 series
                              9x17 ET 26 RC 091 = E39 series here are hub centric rings needed!
                              9x17 ET 19 RC 010 = E31 series

                              8x17 ET 20 RC 035 = e34 series
                              8x17 ET 20 RC ??? = e32 series
                              8x17 ET 20 RC 090 = e39 series here you need hub centric rings!
                              8x17 ET 10 RC 009 = e31 series

                              Markus
                              ok now with the correct typ name from the e32 series wheels!
                              9x17 ET 22 RC 038 = e34 series
                              9x17 ET 26 RC 039 = e32 series
                              9x17 ET 26 RC 091 = E39 series here are hub centric rings needed!
                              9x17 ET 19 RC 010 = E31 series

                              8x17 ET 20 RC 035 = e34 series
                              8x17 ET 20 RC 035 = e32 series use the same front then the e34
                              8x17 ET 20 RC 090 = e39 series here you need hub centric rings!
                              8x17 ET 10 RC 009 = e31 series


                              Markus

                              http://www.bmwm3shop.de

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X