Wheels look sunk to far backwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels look sunk to far backwards?

Im not sure if the the entire front of my car is bent back the same distance on both sides? I put my new wheels and tires on and it was noticable to me then. Instead of being centered like on all other cars it is pushed back far, I mean when I cut my wheel backing up or taking a turn fast the tire will rub the fender linner that is in the rear of the fender. The weird thing is though, that it is the same on both sides. The frame rails look strait and never been reworked like it had been smashed before. Is this normal, any way to fix it?

Jess

I believe it is from offset control arm bushings, mine is the same.

Comment

What causes it, old and worn out? Have you fixed it? How do you fix it if at all or if you may happen to know how? Does it cause any BIG problems because Im lowering the car next week and wondering if it is just gonna make things worse.

Jess

Comment

No No nothing to worry about, what I meant was, the direct effect of having offset control arm bushings is the wheel being set farther back in the wheel well. I believe this creates a better castor angle? Fellas?????

Tony

Comment

actually, the offset bushings increase caster, moving the wheels forward in the wheel well.
          increased caster creates better high speed stability.

Jess, do you have offset control arm bushings?
          If not, slap some on there.
          -Han

Comment

No I dont have any, Where would be the best place to get them? Where and how do they go on roughly?

Jess

Comment

turner and bimmerworld sell them (stock, urethane or delrin).

to replace them, you need to remove couple bolts for each control arm bracket.
              -Han

Comment

It's not the bushings. Your car has been lowered a bit. Since the strut tops are more rearward than their bottoms, lowering creates a reduced wheelbase.

Stan

Comment

You either have the stock offset bushings or you have your offset bushings installed backwards.....

Either you need to take a look at the control arm bushings...if the hole is in the center then you have the shitty stock ones...if the hole is towards the front...then they are intsalled backwards...if the hole is towards the back...they they are correct and you have other issues...

ADA///M

Comment

My car hasnt been lowered yet. It is about to be and that is what I was wondering, so if I do lower it with out the bushing then it will create problems? Im gonna take a look this week when I can get garage space to inspect it.

Jess

Comment

I think it's probably normal, my wheels do the same, and I have offset control arm bushings and my car has H&R sports. My friend is the same, we've noticed, he has the same suspension setup as I do.

Comment

Working...
                      X