question on wheel fitment E38 weaves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on wheel fitment E38 weaves.

ok, so 16x8 ET23 wheels, and i am planning on running 10mm spacers all around. will i need to roll the lip on the inside of my fenders? or will i be able to get away with the fenders the way they are.

thanks, joe.

you will probably be able to get away with not rolling the backs but I would roll the fronts. It depends what suspension your on? I had some rubbing at full lock with 10mm in the front. It looked much better than the 5mm I'm running now though.

Currently running 5mm in the front and 18mm in the back.That with the fronts rolled and the backs rolled a little as well.

Much more aggressive when I ran the 23mm rear spacers but I had I was rubbing with 3 people.
    @slowprogress

Comment

mo' pictures please
      Originally posted by JZM3 View Post
      you will probably be able to get away with not rolling the backs but I would roll the fronts. It depends what suspension your on? I had some rubbing at full lock with 10mm in the front. It looked much better than the 5mm I'm running now though.

Currently running 5mm in the front and 18mm in the back.That with the fronts rolled and the backs rolled a little as well.

Much more aggressive when I ran the 23mm rear spacers but I had I was rubbing with 3 people.

Comment

the third picture shows the rear fitment pretty good, that's with just the 18mm when I add another 5mm equaling 23mm it looks much better, and the front I am thinking about doing a 15mm instead.

@slowprogress

Comment

Originally posted by JZM3 View Post
          ... the 18mm when I add another 5mm equaling 23mm
          Just for your information, adding a spacer reduces the offset value.
          A wheel with et18 and a 5mm spacer now has et13.

The higher the offest value, the more inward the wheel.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
          1989 M3 racecar
          e39 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
            Just for your information, adding a spacer reduces the offset value.
            A wheel with et18 and a 5mm spacer now has et13.

The higher the offest value, the more inward the wheel.
            I believe he was refering to the amount of spacer(s?) he had added.
            IE: 18mm spacer + 5mm spacer = 23mm of total spacer
            Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

^ Yes UNHCLL that is what I meant, sorry if it was unclear.
              @slowprogress

Comment

Noob here regarding offsets. I understand how to calculate offsets, just wondering what are the benefits of adding spacers to these wheels (or any wheels) that fit without spacers? Does the wider stance helps better in handling? better turn-in, etc.?
                thanks
                carlos

Comment

adding spacers widens your track, and it allows better cornering. Obviously too much isn't good either for performance.
                  @slowprogress

Comment

Working...
                  X