18x8.5 et18 BBS RK - Will they fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18x8.5 et18 BBS RK - Will they fit?

Anyone tried a setup like this before? I am currently running 18x8 et13 M Parallels with 225/40 R888s and they fit fine - a little rubbing at full steer but that's about it, so I think I may try these with another set of the same tires (I already have them)

The wheel will be about .45" closer to the suspension components, which I need to measure, but otherwise it should be close given the same overall height and tread width. Maybe a spacer would be needed?

I guess another question is if it doesn't work, would it be harmful to dismount and remount the tires on my M Parallels?

The whole reason for this is I just got a set of these on Craigslist for only $300 with tires (2 good). They are big, but cheap (and relatively light) so I thought I'd feel it out - if not just sell them or trade for some 17x8s

Last edited by M3Driver; 05-05-2009, 06:10 PM.

god damn it, i wish i found that deal. my e34 could have used that set for sure. I'll give you $350

Only input I can give you is that when i bought my car it came with 18x8.5" et13 RC's with 225/40/18 street tires, and it jacked up the front fenders like no other. If your running R888 on m-parallels without issue then you should be fine. And worst case scenario you install a thin spacer.
    ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook Fan Page - Twitter

Comment

I know - I can't believe I came across these.

A buddy of mine (also on this forum) snagged a set of staggered 18" Style 5s for a similar steal and I was uberjealous - but now I can let that go

If they don't work for the M3 I may have to fit them to my GTO. I'll consider your offer though

Comment

Alex McHenry had them on his E30 M3.
        I almost bought a set on Ebay, but had already bought 2 sets of 17".

Here is Rudi's car with 18" RK's:

Räder: Rundum 8,5x18 BBS RK Räder mit 225/35 ZR 18 weiß pulverbeschichtet.
        Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Cool thanks for the pics!

It looks like he is running Evo3 front fenders?

Comment

I believe Rudi's car did have E3/composite (?) fenders.

Here is Alex's car with OE fenders & 18" RK's.
            Photo care of Trevor Ely.

Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Interesting. Looks like he is running a pretty tall suspension setup with them.

Thanks again for the info.

Comment

I sent you a PM regarding these wheels. I actually had 18x8.5 et38 on my E36 M3 and loved the wheels!! I sold the car to my brother to buy my '88 M3. I am actually pretty interested in these wheels if you decide to sell them. You got them for a steal and I'm willing to be fair on the price if they are in good shape and they will work. I just so happen to have 20mm of spacers that I could at least mock up on the car and see if they would work (225/40's mounted on the e36). The spacers would give me the same offset as the ones you have there. Please LMK if you are interested in selling....I'd love to make a deal with you.

I wonder how they would fit with a 225/35/18 tire!!!
                Last edited by Justin(OKC); 12-24-2009, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post

Here is Rudi's car with 18" RK's:

huh, it must be 5 years or so since this guy has posted, i wonder what he's up to or if he even has the car anymore.

Now that i think about it, i never really saw any other pictures of his car besides these few... wierd.

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                  they are not idiots.

Comment

Working...
                  X