X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use these?:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3MM-B...#ht_1103wt_939

Comment

Not familiar with those...but they look alot like my 3mm spacers from Turner Motorsport (less expensive than TM). Remember, when using Style 5's you will need the hubcentric rings.

Originally posted by Uber E30 View Post

Comment

Yep, got that covered!

Comment

New - better pics.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
          85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
          91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

I wouldn't touch that car anymore....just drive it! Gorgeous! [peace]

John

Comment

BUMP! Since I'm having rubbing issues with my ACS Type II's 17x8.5 et 15 on 225/45's Conti's. I'm looking for the best option since rolling the fenders didn't work the front tires from rubbing... I'm contemplating a couple options (cheapest to expensive):

a.) 225/45 Conti's and take my chances removing the contact areas
              b.) 215/40 Yokohama Advan Neova (safest clearance, lightest, stickiest street tire)
              c.) 235/40 Goodyear Eagle F1 or Yokohama S.drive & break out the Dremmel
              d.) 235/40 Yokohama S.drive, e36 CA w/ offset CAB's

Mostly street use, canyon runs maybe an auto-x or two once the car is done. Any help is appreciated.
              Rich!

Comment

Yoko s.drives are great tires! I am running 235/40's on the rear and 215/40's on the front. You can try the 235's on the front but they may rub...I like playing it safe. I love the setup.

Comment

I recognized a photo-op locale & couldn't resist on my way to Busy Bee Market for a Pastrami... LOL

Rich!

Comment

You recognized it well, that looks awesome, wheels look great. I am going for kumho's 235/40/17's on my RS wheels. They are 8.5's and I need that profile to protect the lips from these NYC streets. Hope it doesn't rub that much.

Comment

Originally posted by nickn3 View Post
                      . I am going for kumho's
                      I like them also ..

Last edited by Alpina; 04-04-2010, 08:00 AM.
                      Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO S3 8B38
                      ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

some pics 215 40 17

Here are some pics of my bbs rx 17x8 tires 215 40 17

Comment

I tried to mount 235/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs on the weekend using 17x8.5 et 13 wheels.

I am stumped, how do you guys make this work. I was expecting rubbing at full lock, but I am having rubbing issues at the back of the wheel well on the side skirts.

I am using treehouse offset bushings with oem control arms. Would changing to E36 96+ control arms give me the clearance I need at the back of the wheel well to fit these tires? I probably need the front wheels moved forward about 1cm / 0.5".

Comment

Originally posted by qwerte View Post
                            I tried to mount 235/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs on the weekend using 17x8.5 et 13 wheels.

I am stumped, how do you guys make this work. I was expecting rubbing at full lock, but I am having rubbing issues at the back of the wheel well on the side skirts.

I am using treehouse offset bushings with oem control arms. Would changing to E36 96+ control arms give me the clearance I need at the back of the wheel well to fit these tires? I probably need the front wheels moved forward about 1cm / 0.5".

your offset is just a tad too low. ET20 with 235/40/17 rubs on full lock, but that extra 7mm is why your hitting the side skirt. Also the star specs run a little wide from what i've heard.

Try adding some negative camber, and those 96+ control arms sounds like a good idea too.

edit: your wheels look nice!
                            Last edited by Eric; 06-09-2010, 07:29 AM.

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                            they are not idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by qwerte View Post

Hey mate

Yes, I had the same issue. I am using offset bushings and the e36 96+ control arms and it fixed the problem. I'm running 235/40/17 17x8 Et 20 all around.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys:peekaboo:

I will order some new control arms and see if that does the trick. I will report back if it works for other down the road. I won't have an opportunity until I move at the end of August.

Comment

Working...
                                X