Calling all wheel/tire guru's found some wheels and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all wheel/tire guru's found some wheels and tires

Hey guys, I need some advice I saw some wheels and tires today. First set look like AC schnitzers, are they knock offs? They are 16" I turned them around did not see anything that said schnitzter. The tires are 225/50/16 will these tires rub? The next set look like BBS RX again are these real? No bbs caps. The guy also had a set of unmounted goodyear f1 225/45/17 tires. Would these wheels and tires work? Owner purchased a house and wheels where left in the garage. Sory for the bad pics taken with cell phone. Thanks

wheel

wheel

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rims

Frank;
    Invest in a camera first!

ACS wheels were made by Ronal so maybe that's why you didn't see any ASC stamping. I'm not a fan of any chromed wheels on any car.

I like the BBS R? better.

Chicco

Comment

Originally posted by Chicco View Post
      Frank;
      Invest in a camera first!

ACS wheels were made by Ronal so maybe that's why you didn't see any ASC stamping. I'm not a fan of any chromed wheels on any car.

I like the BBS R? better.

Chicco
      I was at a friends house and his neighbor from down the block saw the car and came over to see if I was interested. So it was a spur of the moment for lack of a camera. Do you think these are real?

Comment

ACS were also made by Oz Racing.

Comment

on real ACS is always a stamp on the backside of 1 spoke that says: AC Schmitzer made by OZ/Ronal
          there are a few fakes around from different companies
          225/50/16 will cause problems at the front-225/45/16 is the correct size

Markus

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

OZM3, Markus Thanks for the help. I am going to pick them up. Do you think I can get away with 225 24 17 on stock suspension?

Comment

The off set on the BBS are 10 will these work?

Comment

wheels

I picked up the wheels and cleaned them up. Here are some better pics for Chicco. Any ideas what these wheels came off of?

[

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
                  on real ACS is always a stamp on the backside of 1 spoke that says: AC Schmitzer made by OZ/Ronal
                  there are a few fakes around from different companies
                  225/50/16 will cause problems at the front-225/45/16 is the correct size

Markus
                  As Markus has mentioned, did you check the back of the spokes? anything stamped there?
                  Terrance

Comment

wheels

The back of the wheels have a made in usa stamp and 16x8 other than that nothing ele

Comment

how much do they weigh? Teh chromies..
                      sigpic
                      Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

wheels

The wheel weighs 43.5 lbs thats the wheel and tire.

Comment

Originally posted by feakara1 View Post
                          The back of the wheels have a made in usa stamp and 16x8 other than that nothing ele
                          Alutec would be my guess for the manufacturer of the ACS appearance wheels:
                          http://www.custom-wheels-rims-alloys...eels-rims.html
                          Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

wheels

thanks for the link

Comment

Working...
                            X