15" Kosei K1 Back at Tirerack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" Kosei K1 Back at Tirerack

For those in search of 15x8 Koseis -- looks like 15x8 Koseis are available at Tirerack.com again.

That's awesome!
    ..too bad I paid top dollar for a every used set I could find when we thought they were gone forever. I'm now sitting on 5 sets.
    Great news though. I wonder if they found some leftover stock or if they've started production again.

Comment

How do you think these wheels would hold up on the street?
      Dan

88 M3
      Black on Black

San Diego, CA
      USA

Comment

5 sets, mick! I'm actually down to two sets after one was stolen. I'm very happy to see them available again.

They do hold up totally fine on the street. I ran a set of 15x7s on my 325is for years.
        Seattle, WA
        currently:
        1988 M3 ex j-stock
        1984 911 RoW 3.2
        http://cars.g93.net

Comment

any pics of it on the car? i've never seen these. plus what tire do you run with these?

Comment

Originally posted by 99M3Riverside View Post
            How do you think these wheels would hold up on the street?
            hehehe... that's a funny question... how does one of the best all around track wheels for the E30 M3 hold up on the street?

Umm.. pretty well. [peace]

I had 10 of these in 15" and never had an issue.. and now I have replaced them with 17s..
            Mark Williams
            Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

I had 10 of these in 15" and never had an issue.. and now I have replaced them with 17s..

I searched around on this, but had a question on the 17". What offset are you running and what spacers if any? I have a set of 17" on my wife E46 330 with winter tires and was planning on using them with spacers for my track tires, but the 15" are enticing.

Thanks
              Ryan M
              88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
              07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
              05 Outback XT

Comment

Go for a set of 15"

A set of spacers + longer lug bolts will cost you $300 from Turner. For another $200 you could have a full set of proper fitting 15" Koseis.

The additional $200 will be offset by the savings on your first set of 15" track tires as opposed to 17".

Comment

sorry for the stupid question, i figured it out...

Comment

Just ordered and received 5. Look good.
                    Attached Files
                    Ryan M
                    88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
                    07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
                    05 Outback XT

Comment

Out of curiosity I checked w/ Tirerack to find out if this is old stock or in production. Good news -- the wheels are actively in production.

Comment

@Ryan, nice. Did you decide on tires?

Good news on the production. I hope I don't need any for a while but it's nice to know thy're makng them again. Those other 15x8 wheels they had (TSW?) won't fit over my brakes.

Comment

Not yet on tires. Most likely Toyos or Nittos to start and then adjust from there.

Just ordered steel front control arms and Bimmerworld control arm bushing/mount. Front subframe has been reinforced already. Going to work on the front and then move to the rear.

Thanks again
                          Ryan M
                          88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
                          07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
                          05 Outback XT

Comment

Working...
                          X