help with wheels and spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with wheels and spacers

I have Brembos BBk's and OZ Futuras that are 17x8.5 et10 fronts and 17x10 et15. The fronts wheels hit the calipers so what size spacers and lugs do I need. I was going to call either TMS or BW but figured I ask here first.. Thanks in advance.

I really don't know much about this, but maybe you can space it out with washers untill you clear the bbk. Then you can order up that spacer size and longer bolts.

Comment

15-18mm. You are not going to fit those wheels and those wheels together without heavy fender rolling, tire streatching and negative camber.

Hope this helps! LOL.

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
      they are not idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        15-18mm. You are not going to fit those wheels and those wheels together without heavy fender rolling, tire streatching and negative camber.

Hope this helps! LOL.
        thanks...

I wonder if anyone in here is running something similar in their e30 m3. I am sure Markus will have the answer for this..

Comment

first of all i never have seen OZ Futura's in 8,5x17 ET 10 and 10x17 ET 15.
          I know them only in 8,5x17 ET 13 and 10x17 ET 19
          For your question with the spacers.Here you must find the solution by your own.
          Reason is that there are too much different brake kits around and it always depends on the brake hat (not sure if that is the correct word for it) where the disc is mounted.Some are smaller and some are wider.
          So all in all you must test it like staggeredm3 have mentioned.
          Use as much washers as you'll need to clear the brake caliper and then meassure them + add 2-3mm as a safety gap and you'll have the size of the spacer that you'll need.

Markus

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

If you're already at ET10 & ET15, you're not going to be able to space them out much more, if at all. You'll need to use different wheels if you want to use those brakes.

Jake

Comment

Thanks guys for the input, I am going to take it to rim shop and see what advice they will give me. I really want these wheels installed on my DS and if I cant then I guess I will have to sell them.

Comment

I agree with StaggeredM3 Sonny, just add washers until it fits and go from there. This way you will know the smallest possible size you are able to go with.

BTW - I am pretty sure Vlad has Brembos on his white M3 and he used 20mm spacers all around. I'm hoping that those are not the smallest you can go with because I just tried some 15mm's on my rear and I thought it was already too much.
                Last edited by e30m3power; 10-04-2010, 04:23 AM.
                http://JoeysM3.com

Comment

Working...
                X