DS-I or DS-II for m3 e30???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-I or DS-II for m3 e30???

hey guys, i want to change my BBS style 5, i am not 100% happy with them, it might be the color or maybe they are too deep for my M3...anyways i need a little push in a desicion here. should i go for DSI or DSII ?? i like DS2 better but i like the motorsport letters in the ds1.
    any pictures out there????
    question....can i fit staggered DS-2 on my M3? i know i need 20mm spacers all around, it might be too tight for the rear???

I prefer the DS2 personally. I've been looking for a set around but haven't found anything yet.
    Alex
    '89 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/black
    '90 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/gray
    '03 M5 Jet Black/black

Comment

DSII's would be my choice as well. I actually have a staggered set that I plan to refinish at some point. However, I can't decide how I want to refinish them exactly. I had some pics floating around somewhere of a red e30 M3 with DSIIs...I will see if I can find them.

I did find this old FS thread though which had several pics of a white M3 running a staggered set. I think he was using 20mm spacers as well.
      “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
      Jeremy Clarkson - BBC Top Gear
      sigpic

Comment

any pic at all?

Comment

Originally posted by camiloaa View Post
          any pic at all?
          My previous post had an embedded link to pics of a white e30 M3 w/DS2s that were a bit closer up so you can see how the staggered wheels fit. Looks pretty good I think

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
          Jeremy Clarkson - BBC Top Gear
          sigpic

Comment

thanks... sweet

Comment

Contours

Comment

If anyone is interested, I have four DS2 7.5x17 wheels in excellent condition. Center emblems have a new life elsewhere.

Happy New Year!
                Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 12-31-2010, 05:01 PM. Reason: size correction
                "The earth provides enough for everyone's need. Not everyone's greed." Gandhi

Comment

i want themmmmm !!! how much? are they staggered?

Comment

Will reply to your PM? :idea:
                    "The earth provides enough for everyone's need. Not everyone's greed." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by MauiM3Mania View Post
                      If anyone is interested, I have four DS2 7.5x17 wheels in excellent condition. Center emblems have a new life elsewhere.

Happy New Year!
                      How much?
                      Alex
                      '89 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/black
                      '90 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/gray
                      '03 M5 Jet Black/black

Comment

I might be in the minority on this one, but I've always preferred the look of the DS1's over the DS2's. He's a picture of mine with the DS1's

Also strange, you are doing the opposite swap that I did a few years ago. I'm now running Style 5's on mine and think they're the best rims I've had on her so far

As you probably know you're gonna need to run 15mm spacers with the DS's. I still have a a set of four with only about 1000 miles of usage. I can let them go for a reasonable price. Send me a PM if you're interested
                        Last edited by ///M3-4Life; 01-02-2011, 06:54 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

i have a set of 5 staggered + spare if anyone is interested. I'm lookign for a set of e34/e32 style 5s at the moment

Comment

Working...
                          X