Help: Front driver tire getting sliced by fender

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evo mmm View Post
    you can raise the car some with a set of factory spring pads 10mm maybe this give space off your front end
    Mike
    Interesting idea. I never knew there are two difference thicknesses of spring pads.
    http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E3...taching_parts/

Do all US m3s come with the 3mm pads? What are the red springs all about? Could I also put 9mm upper pads on the bottom or is the shape different? It would be more worth the effort if I could gain 12mm not just 6mm.

Comment

As a follow up to this issue:
      I changed my suspension from eibach pro springs on stock shocks to HR sport/billy sport as well as switched to 9mm upper spring pads. The combo resulted in 0.75" increase in height and I have not rubbed one time since which has been a couple months and around 700 miles. I am a happy camper.

Comment

It doesn't look that good as it used to be, but point is, you fixed the main problem!
        Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

The stance has settled in a little lower than that pic shows since it was taken right after the suspension change. It is a huge benefit to have more clearance since my s38 oil pan was a little more vulnerable that I liked. I also think stock height looks more purposeful and drivable but I'm probably alone on that one.

Thanks for your help Diego and you other contributors!

Comment

No problem! My e34 M5 euro has kinda the same stance look as your photo in the above comparison. I'm thinking to get a custom lower coil spring for the fornt to match the rear tires/fender gap as your below photo of the comparison. I think it's called the opposite as a "rake" look car?
            Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Having the front a little higher than the rear helps balance F/R weight distribution and as keeps the car better poised under braking. If you look at any bone stock M3 or even DTM racer (parked), the front is higher than the rear, and its not just an illusion on sport evos' higher front fender line.

Comment

Working...
              X